Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

First Relic Helmet

Article about: Hello everybody, Today I am posting my first authentic ww2 German helmet that i bought a few months ago. its a Relic helmet but i love it! A lot of the liner is still intact but very hard an

Default First Relic Helmet

Hello everybody,
    Today I am posting my first authentic ww2 German helmet that i bought a few months ago. its a Relic helmet but i love it! A lot of the liner is still intact but very hard and fragile. the maker mark is not visible, however, the lot number is partially visible and i tried to post a picture of it, it looks like: 488. another thing that i really like is that under some of the rust, and areas that do not have rust, there is green paint. I'm not sure if its factory paint of camouflage paint. i took a few pictures of the areas that had some of the paint showing, i hope it can be seen in the picture.

the question is, what do you guys think about the helmet? do you know what model it is? and is the green pain camouflage?

is there anyway i can remove some of the rust without harming the helmet and expose the green paint?

thanks for the help you guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Relic Helmet   First Relic Helmet  

First Relic Helmet   First Relic Helmet  

First Relic Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Relic Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: First Relic Helmet

Nice relic lid you have there. Looks like an M40 but this stage hard to tell the maker (for me anyways). There are ways to clean the helmet to expose the paint such as acids and cleaners but they all also can take off more than they keep. Do some searching through the forum for helmet cleaning or the restore and refurbishing section towards the bottom of the forum.

Thanks for the quick response, do you think the green paint is camouflage?

The green should be its original colour yes. Dont know how much will come back but you might get abit of it.

?

Looks like an M40, nice buy!