Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?

Article about: I have always wanted a legitimate Stahlhelm to have as a collectors item. I feel I am probably being too optimistic in terms of price but I saw these on eBay and would like to know if they a

Default [First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?

I have always wanted a legitimate Stahlhelm to have as a collectors item. I feel I am probably being too optimistic in terms of price but I saw these on eBay and would like to know if they are legitimate:

C1915 TRENCH HELMET:
    100% ORIGINAL SOMME FOUND , NEAR ALBERT GERMAN SOLDIERS C1915 TRENCH HELMET | eBay
    [First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?

M42:
    World War 2 WWII German M42 Elite Helmet and Liner. Removed decal from RIGHTSIDE | eBay
    [First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?[First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?[First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?[First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?

M35 (Incredibly Skeptical, just thought I may as well check in case it's an absolute bargain):
    Original German WWII M35 Russian-German Front Helmet Dugout Cleaned Huge Rare! | eBay

Sorry if this is a waste of time. I thought this would be the place to get some answers, and maybe some advice as to where to start.
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-07-2014 at 02:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement [First Time Buyer] Are these legitimate?
    P
    Many

The WW1 M16/17 shell is legit as is the M35 shell, the M42 looks ok but as for it being ss i don't know!...

So would you say the C1915 is legitimate and could confidently say it is from WW1. I would hate to have a helmet for it to be a fake or a repro.

Hi,

The two relic helmets look ok, although i would not believe the stories of where they are found, they may me true but unless they can prove it (which they usually can't) take it as false, as many will say on here ''buy the item not the story''. As for the WW2 german helmet with the removed decal, it look original however i am not to sure about the paint or the decal ever being there and the liner looks to have been replaced or changed, the liner pins do not match the paint and the liner band it bent. But wait see what the others say.

Cheers
    Harry

Welcome to the forum

First, it is always better to post the pics on the thread because once the auction is over, the links will become dead. As for the helmets, it is better to save your money for a nice good condition one, they are relatively easy to come across at gunshows, etc. This however is just my opinion, i have a couple relics that i bought early on because i wanted a "real German helmet" and did not have that patience to wait for a good one. Some people do collect relics, but it just not for me.

My advise: Save up for a good M42, no decal helmet, which are good starters, they shouldn't run more than $250-$300 which is not a bad price in the realm of helmets.

Quote by KeelanL View Post
    So would you say the C1915 is legitimate and could confidently say it is from WW1. I would hate to have a helmet for it to be a fake or a repro.
    That helmet is a genuine M16/17 relic, but as Harry said don't believe where it was found!..

So what you would recommend is do not believe that it was worn or found at the Somme but believe that it is WW1 dated?

Quote by KeelanL View Post
    So what you would recommend is do not believe that it was worn or found at the Somme but believe that it is WW1 dated?
    yes!...

I feel relics are what I want to get into though, as much as I'd love a clean beautiful one like the one in your display picture, I just love the idea of it being old and aged

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Welcome to the forum

First, it is always better to post the pics on the thread because once the auction is over, the links will become dead. As for the helmets, it is better to save your money for a nice good condition one, they are relatively easy to come across at gunshows, etc. This however is just my opinion, i have a couple relics that i bought early on because i wanted a "real German helmet" and did not have that patience to wait for a good one. Some people do collect relics, but it just not for me.

My advise: Save up for a good M42, no decal helmet, which are good starters, they shouldn't run more than $250-$300 which is not a bad price in the realm of helmets.
    What do you think of the M42 link I posted, I am really liking it. Even if there is no way to prove it was SS it is still a German helmet none-the-less and in good condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast