Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fresh out of the ground in Russia

Article about: My friend is sending this to me, anyways, What is this band around it?

oh crap I zoomed up on it and I can see it...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fresh out of the ground in Russia
    P
    Many

Yeah. From the ground relics can be found with the body of the soldier who used/wore them. In this case, Glen may be right that the skull was in this helmet when it was dug up.

I was surprised by this after viewing posts on expeditions at battle fields. Until coming to this forum, I assumed all sides collected their dead pretty thoroughly. It seems that was not always the case, likely due to time constraints. If for instance the Germans retreated from a battle, it's unlikely the Russians would have bothered with their dead. And so, people find many soldier bodies to this day. The good news for the previous owner of your helmet is that there's a good chance he is going to be turned over to organizations trying to find these fallen men, and given a proper burial.

?

The member who was the OP has been banned as he has been unable to satisfy the moderating staff that the items shown were not obtaining by illegal digging /grave robbing.

This forum does not and will not tolerate such activity which is against the law of most countries and is certainly against the normal code of conduct / ethics of society !

Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2