Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet with the name of the soldier written on the leather

Article about: Hi guys, This is my new lid. Ground dug. The leather inside was still in quite good shape after spending more than 70 years under the ground ! Amazing. We can see also.. the shadow of the de

Default German helmet with the name of the soldier written on the leather

Hi guys,

This is my new lid. Ground dug.
    The leather inside was still in quite good shape after spending more than 70 years under the ground ! Amazing. We can see also.. the shadow of the decal insignia..

And there is a name written on the leather... something like Jg. (E?)g. Eigen. It's hard to read.
    Do you think we can find something about this soldier ? Any help appreciated.

Thanks !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet with the name of the soldier written on the leather
    P
    Many

"Jg." is the abbreviation for the rank Jäger and "Gg." for the first name Georg.

Thats in lovely condition for a ground-dug helmet!

Unfortunatly the leather liner is very fragile and no longer fixed to the metal structure inside. But yes, it's oustanding how the helmet was preserved.

Thanks. So it is Georg.
    I would like to find out what happened to this soldier..

Remarkable condition, even traces of paint. I'm thinking it must have been sitting upright in the soil so the dome didn't fill with water. Don't try to restore it too much, I like it as it is.

I didn't touch anything. I don't want to ruin it

Interesting thing... An ashtray was found in the same place and even a piece of the chin strap..

Do you think there is a way to find something about this "Georg Eigen" ?
    Finding a trace of him among these millions of sodiers... sounds impossible. But maybe somebody knows how I could start my researches.

Bundesarchiv perhaps. You will need more information. Any idea where it was unearthed? Perhaps there is some evidence of the German unit that was at the location. NH

Damn ! I think I found him ! According to my researches there is a a guy with the same name, born in 1924 and living in Dusseldorf. Maybe a good match.
    I found his adress on the white pages. I would like to write him a letter to know if it's him. Who could help me to translate it from english ?

?

Quote by Gagarin View Post
    Damn ! I think I found him ! According to my researches there is a a guy with the same name, born in 1924 and living in Dusseldorf. Maybe a good match.
    I found his adress on the white pages. I would like to write him a letter to know if it's him. Who could help me to translate it from english ?
    Hi i can help you with a translation into german,put something on paper and let me know.

greets