Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number

Article about: I have just noticed what appears to be a number or part of, on this relic helmet. Appears to be a 62, but hard to read. I had heard these were all marked et64. I would like some expert advic

?

Default German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number

I have just noticed what appears to be a number or part of, on this relic helmet. Appears to be a 62, but hard to read. I had heard these were all marked et64. I would like some expert advice.
    1. Is it in the right place.
    2. What else could it be?
    3. Am i seeing things?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number   German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number  

German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number   German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number
    P
    Many

Default Re: German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number

WW1 ear cut out should always always be ET64 some were made also after the war ET66.But there is no 62 sorry.
    Also the position where the number are is not correct.

From the pictures it seems to me that the "step" on the vent lug looks like the short step that you have on size 64 shells. On size 62's, the wider part (the part of the lug with the greater diameter) of the step extends further out from the shell, to support the brow plate. Compare the vent lugs on this shell to those on a standard ET 64 shell to see if they are the same size . This may help you decide if it is the right size. If the wide part of the vent lug extends further out from the shell on this piece as compared to the ET 64, it is a size a size 62, which would prove it is not right. If it is a 64, it has a chance of being a good ear cut out, but in relic condition. From what I see, it seems to be a good, relic ear cut out, judging from the inner rolled edge, the vent lugs and the way the rear of the apron reaches the table when the helmet is placed on it. AS far as the 62 stamp, I have no idea what it is. Hope this helps, Jim G.

These 3 pictures I think show you the vent lugs. On 62's, the inner wider diameter parts of the 2 step lugs extend further from the shell. Hope it helps, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number   German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number  

German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number  

?

Hello everyone, i would like to thank you for your help.
    Now i know it is a 64, but i guess the 62 will remain a mystery.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German m18 ear cut out relic helmet number  

I think the marking you are seing (62) is not a marking at all just rust and flaking.
    Well it looks like you go a good on lucky guy.
    Very hard to find one so you have a nice piece.
    I will find one ,one day.
    Chris

?

Also look on the inside of the dome for a lot number. They almost always begin with the letter R. I think this is a good relic as well.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Also look on the inside of the dome for a lot number. They almost always begin with the letter R. I think this is a good relic as well.
    Could you post the picture of the lot number exemple.

?

This is a photo of Anders example, I am sure he wouldnt mind me posting it here. Mine is on another computer.

These are the lot number ranges that I know of but there are more I have not recorded.

R 1785 N
    R 1787 N
    R 1789 N
    R 1818 N
    R 1838 N
    R 1842 N
    R 1858 N
    R 1872 N
    R 1885 N

Attachment 169979

Gents, for those that dont know (and for those that do, ignore this post !), ET marked helmets usually use the "R" prefix to the lot numbers, meaning the batch of steel was milled by "Stahlwerk Röchling", in Volkingen.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast