Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gren.Rgt.595 ID'd Helmet

Article about: I just won this at auction for 75 \\$ I hope the writing is Original. Dug out of Russia!

Default Gren.Rgt.595 ID'd Helmet

I just won this at auction for 75 $ I hope the writing is Original. Dug out of Russia!

Gren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gren.Rgt.595 ID'd Helmet
    P
    Many

Here are a couple more im thinking on buying ( sorry for the Russian helmet picture its a package deal if I purchaseGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd HelmetGren.Rgt.595 ID'd Helmet these two). Any value on the Russian helmet and the German helmet?

?

Such detailed Unit markings in a Helmet are very rare as they were frowned upon fron an intelligence and security point of view , i have only ever seen one and that didn't have so much detail , the fact that you are showing 2 together is shall we say " very unusual "
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for the reply. I know what your saying, in my mind they are real markings but I'm trying to close a deal for the Russian and other German helmet. I just value this forums thoughts before I purchase.

It's out of several helmets I'm just picking the ones I like. These are the only named ones out of several that are not

?

For me the second marked lid looks like the details have been applied over the rust / age damage
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hard for me to tell on the second lid. The first marked looks good

Both markings appear to be bogus/added to deceive and thereby boost price. This not just because of the high detail unit info, as noted earlier by Paul, but also because they appear to be written by the same hand...compare individual letters and you'll see. I would leave all of these alone.

Why not the address of the soldier ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Crap, ok....well there is a return on the one I bought so I'll tell him to don't bother sending it. Thanks on to your guys thoughts and I'll pass then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast