Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

hello everyone... anyone want to help me out please

Article about: hi there what a great place this is... i stumbled here a few days ago & been reading ever since... here is my question guys, my son loves WW1 & WW2 and has been collecting for the pa

Default hello everyone... anyone want to help me out please

hi there

what a great place this is... i stumbled here a few days ago & been reading ever since...

here is my question guys, my son loves WW1 & WW2 and has been collecting for the past year. i want to get him a present for his birthday & have decided if i can to try for an SS relic helmet, some i see are within my budget. but im reading alot about fakes. are there any good reliable sellers who deal in these?

iv also come across one on..... but you guys dont seem to happy with them from what iv found on here? does this helmet look ok.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks for your time.

Last edited by rbminis; 12-18-2016 at 03:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hello everyone... anyone want to help me out please
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome. SS helmets are faked the most and relics are no exception. In my experience 99% you come across are -because a $50 shell can be made into a $500 relic easier than you think. This one may or may not be legitimate so my opinion would be to get your lad a normal army (heer) one. At least then you have a fighting chance of getting a good original helmet.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello, welcome to the forum. I would completely agree with Danmark, this is a very problematic item to obtain.

These helmets are very, very widely faked, and in some cases, even the experts disagree over authenticity. So you would need to be looking at a helmet where the SS decal was well preserved to be sure it was real, and sold by an expert dealer of great reputation who has the competence to authenticate it. It will be expensive, and I suspect difficult to find. I have had a quick look at reliable dealers I know to see if anyone has a relic SS helmet, but they dont.

Maybe someone else can point you to one.

hey douglas2496, Danmark thanks for your reply's, is there a lit of reputable dealers that people use? i take it the dealer in question i put up is a no go, which is worrying as there is little to go by?

Welcome to the forum my friend, as the chaps above have said, SS helmets, insignia etc of all descriptions is highly faked and in some cases, exceptionally well! Just as I point of protocol, on the forum we ask/require that you upload any images to the forum "uploader" rather than posting a link as when the link dies, the thread becomes useless to the next person wanting to learn.
    That said, the image provided is not detailed enough on it's own to make a solid call, it appears to be a M35 shell and a possible Pocher or Quist decal, but other images of the whole helmet are needed to make a proper appraisal. Do not buy this on the strength of that single image!!
    All the best in your hunt, but genuine SS is not cheap, just take a look on Kelly's site, SS-steel or Hannahs Reich here in the UK for an eye opener!! Leon.

thank you, im from the uk myself. some great info. i take it SS-steel or Hannahs Reich are approved by the folk here?

Quote by joneyyy1981 View Post
    thank you, im from the uk myself. some great info. i take it SS-steel or Hannahs Reich are approved by the folk here?
    Kelly is US based, but also one of the foremost experts In the field having written several books on the subject over many years, he does drop in here from time to time as he is a member, but it can be months between visits! As for Martin at Hannahs Reich, I personally have never spotted fake items on his site and he is well respected here in the UK. In fact I bought my SS M42 from him! Leon.hello everyone... anyone want to help me out pleasehello everyone... anyone want to help me out pleasehello everyone... anyone want to help me out please

I agree with Leon, both have a very fine reputation.

thanks, think i might go for this one on ss steel. thanks again for your help guys

Last edited by rbminis; 12-18-2016 at 03:11 PM.