Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Helmet authentication

Article about: Hello My name is Tom I am new and I collect Vietnam era stuff and wanting to collect WWII German helmets I came across this helmet at a yard sale and took pictures of it to have it authentic

Default Re: Helmet authentication

Hello Leon,
    I am prepared for paying a lot for a genuine one I know these are expensive. Currently I have a lot of research in the future to look forward to with this hobby, I wish there was a Easy button.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet authentication
    P
    Many

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Hi, Major. Welcome to WRF. You will find no shortage of friends here to help you in your helmet collecting ventures. There is a lot of experience here. Study material should include, but not limited to, a book by Ken Niewiarowicz (I could only spell that because its sitting in front of me) titled Germany's Combat Helmets 1933-45 A Modern Study. It is difficult to find and when it is found, its not cheap. But try to find a copy if you can. You will learn so much. And always try to post helmets you are thinking of buying. Much better to be disappointed before you lose money than to be disappointed and have already spent the money. $80 might seem ok now but the more it weighs on you that it's a doctored up helmet, the more it will begin to bother you. Nothing is more satisfying than buying an authentic helmet and holding it in hand. That will always beat out a Latvian piece of crapola! Good luck helmet hunting and enjoy it. It's extremely rewarding!
    2 Books of literature I have now is GERMAN CAMO HELMETS by Branislav Radovic an the second EVOLUTION OF THE GERMAN STEEL HELMET by Floyd Tubbs paperback, I will look for those recommended books that you stated those sound alittle more for the hardcore collector like yourselves with detailed pictures Ill bet.

Kens book is for anyone, not just advanced or full time helmet collectors. Kens has an abundance of colored, detailed photos which are great to look at, even if you don't plan to get serious and dedicated to helmet collecting. I'm not familiar with the other two books you mentioned.

good evening tom ,and welcome in on the forum you couldnt have come to a better forum for advice and some of the best gentlemen to deliver it ,very interesting to hear your a us marine ,i bet youve got a few tales to tell i can totally understand your intentions buying this lid ,impulse buys always end in disaster for myself ,i have had to learn the hard way im afraid and im still learning ,but you seem a laid back kind of guy so wont be perturbed to much by the purchase , i reckon this helmet will be used as part of your learning curve regards james
    Regards James

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Kens book is for anyone, not just advanced or full time helmet collectors. Kens has an abundance of colored, detailed photos which are great to look at, even if you don't plan to get serious and dedicated to helmet collecting. I'm not familiar with the other two books you mentioned.
    The other 2 books where in the collectors section of 3 place books they are second hand probably not the best source I picked those up 3 months ago, I did find the one book 15mins ago (GERMANYS COMBAT HELMETS 1933-45 MODERN STUDY) 3 Place books has it on there online store. That's Score! and it is here in Seattle I will probably get down there after work. I work at Boeing so I get 45mins for lunch too.

Quote by col james View Post
    good evening tom ,and welcome in on the forum you couldnt have come to a better forum for advice and some of the best gentlemen to deliver it ,very interesting to hear your a us marine ,i bet youve got a few tales to tell i can totally understand your intentions buying this lid ,impulse buys always end in disaster for myself ,i have had to learn the hard way im afraid and im still learning ,but you seem a laid back kind of guy so wont be perturbed to much by the purchase , i reckon this helmet will be used as part of your learning curve regards james
    Absolutely! USMC 1990-1993/ 0311 INFANTRY 1994-2001 Corpus Cristi TX- Camp Pendelton CA./O-3 Major 1st and 5th BATT Chaplain "mustang". Yes I have the impulse buy disease unfortunately and it does get me introuble especially with my Wife. Im finding out that everybody here has a lot of expierences as I thought and this is a good thing. There seems to be a lot mis-imformation out there as well and I appreciate all of you helping me with this helmet.

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    Absolutely! USMC 1990-1993/ 0311 INFANTRY 1994-2001 Corpus Cristi TX- Camp Pendelton CA./O-3 Major 1st and 5th BATT Chaplain "mustang". Yes I have the impulse buy disease unfortunately and it does get me introuble especially with my Wife. Im finding out that everybody here has a lot of expierences as I thought and this is a good thing. There seems to be a lot mis-imformation out there as well and I appreciate all of you helping me with this helmet.
    I love it!!! Allies together!!,I only served 1990-91 in the ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(nuclear weapons tracking)first gulf,never got out of a bunker,but my full respect to you "front line" guys!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I love it!!! Allies together!!,I only served 1990-91 in the ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(nuclear weapons tracking)first gulf,never got out of a bunker,but my full respect to you "front line" guys!! Leon.

Its always a team effort with friends and our UK Brothers in the line of duty for ones country and the interests of those who can not fight the fight. Cheers Leon.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I sold 3 of them last year or two...watch Dave Shirlins site. Ken N has his bargain basement. They're out there, you need to know where and when to look. And I'm not talking about mint shells with 99% decals. I'm talking about a salty M42 with a 20-30% decal. But you won't find 10 of them.
    I know of Ken N, just saw the pretty cool Lufty that went for $290, which is a pretty good deal IMO. But Have you ever purchased anything from Dave Shirlins? I noticed he was selling a 60x90 delta Kriegs for $750...

Dave shirlin Is a good man. I have bought several helmets from him, and a few we were not able to come to terms on. But he is quick to respond to emails and helpful with providing extra pics if asked. I wish his lay away plan was a little more than 30 days. A good site and trustworthy dealer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast