Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi all

Article about: Cheers all, I probably will leave it as is. Anyone have any idea what the decal might of been? It looks to be shield-shaped but unsure what would have been applied to the left side.

Wink Hi all

Hi folks, new to the forum. I've just acquired what I believe is an M40 Helmet, rusted on both inside and outside although in good shape, with the remains of a decal on the Left hand side in the correct position (3 mm below the vent). It was dug up in Poland and I think may have traces of white paint on it, so may have been used on the Eastern Front during the winter.

It has no liner and I was hoping to get one, but cannot find any size/makers marks on the left hand side (or right, or back) I thinks its just too pitted.

Is there another way of determining the size for a repro liner? If I can work it out I'll post some pics if folks are interested.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi all
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hi all

Welcome to the forum Capitano! I'm sure we all would love to see some pics of it and I am also sure someone will be able to help with your liner quistion.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi there, just run a flexible tape measure around the inside of the shell level with the rivet holes, you might need more than one pair of hands though.

Hi here's a pic , have more but not sure if you need them smaller file sizes?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hi all  

Seems an OK size file to me, nice honest relic there.

I do see some white that you are talking about and your pic is fine.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Mr Capt I would leave it as it is!! It looks fine like that. & it is a relic so it makes sense to leave it just the way it was dug up.. & welcome to the forum.. Cheers Terry.

Gunny, thats so obvious - why didn't I think of that! Cheers!

?

Welcome to the forum!

I see no point in adding a liner to a very relic shell. You would need to find one in the same condition as the helmet as a new liner would be pointless. You would then need to muck about with the rivets which are there and therefore break the look of the helmet. The end result will be a mucked about with relic which in my opinion would devalue the piece unnecessarily.

Leave it as is and enjoy it for what it is.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with Tango, relics always look best left as relics - a liner would look a little out of place fitted to this IMO. Welcome to the forum Capitano!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast