Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up

Article about: I bought this helmet to add to my relic collection since I only had a couple and it was cheap. I looked at it and put it back in the box and put it with my other stuff until another day. I a

Default HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up

I bought this helmet to add to my relic collection since I only had a couple and it was cheap. I looked at it and put it back in the box and put it with my other stuff until another day. I always look at relic hunting on you tube and pictures of such nature. Today I was looking at relic posting finds on this forum and the interent and I came across a horrible discovery. I was looking at this photo and I thought the damage looked like the same pattern as mine and I was horrified, I think this is my helmet. Please tell me I'm wrong. ..I ran down stairs and grabbed the helmet and took a quick picture of the damage and I put in a plastic bag and I put it in the garage. I felt a cold shiver down my spine and honestly wanted to throw up. I contacted the seller and asked him where the **** he found this and no response. I have never had such a relic and in don't want it even close to me. I'm just in shock. I seriously need some advise, first I need to see from you guys if I'm just freaking out or is this the same damn helmet! If so I can't return it, it's going to the garbage can, in took one picture becuase I didn't even want to touch it, does this happen to others , it freaks me out, don't know what to do. I'll throw it away if you guys think it's the same helmet. I got a dog tag from the same guy also I posted on the german dog tag forum. Notice the heart shaped hole..need help please. I will not buy anymore relic helmets at this rate. Look at soldier on left. Don't people have any morals...so sad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up   HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up
    P
    Many

?

From what's see it's two different helmets. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but soldiers died in undamaged helmets too.

Here was one more I took I forgot to post. Stupid phone puts pictures backwards. . Ok good I must of had a moment or something. Now i feel so much better!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up  

Attached Images Attached Images HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up  HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up 
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, my damn computer is broke and I don't understand why it always post my pictures upside down

Looks like the same lid to me.

They do look pretty darn close. Oxalic acid treatment ?
    But even if it were the exact same lid, they are not
    going to repatriate and bury these men with
    their helmets - at least we Hope that's
    what happened.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Ok. So now it looks the same, walkwolf, when you turned that photo it's making my stomach turn. I'll send it back to that guy but it's sounding like it's going to the garbage can, what else can I do with it, I can't even believe in found the photo

I can see your dilema, but I believe that tossing it in the
    garbage is also disrespectful. Keep in mind that these
    are Heroes and they died for their country.

Is there anything further on the video that describes
    how they were found and what eventually
    happened to these soldiers.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

You could consider donating it to a VFW or similar organization, or perhaps a museum.

Mart

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast