Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lufty Relic SD M40

Article about: G'day Guys, the posty dropped this off the other day all the way from Poland. Very "Salty" you can make out the Bird under the corrosion and the Blue-Grey paint on the interior, i

Default Lufty Relic SD M40

G'day Guys, the posty dropped this off the other day all the way from Poland.
    Very "Salty" you can make out the Bird under the corrosion and the Blue-Grey paint on the interior, i think if i gave it a bath I'd lose the Bird along with the Rust, but i'm still undecided.

Cheers Phill.Lufty Relic SD M40Lufty Relic SD M40Lufty Relic SD M40Lufty Relic SD M40Lufty Relic SD M40Lufty Relic SD M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lufty Relic SD M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lufty Relic SD M40

That is pretty salty but I like it!! Maybe a light bath wouldn't hurt too much or electrolysis.

It looks like it has been underwater for 70 years, I like it

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    That is pretty salty but I like it!! Maybe a light bath wouldn't hurt too much or electrolysis.
    G'day GP, don't know much about Electrolysis, and i've never used Oxalic, though i had it in mind for this one just to see if i could expose the paint and bird some more but i fear this wouldnt be the case, i'd have to take it right back and then restore it, i think it has told it's secrets already and i don't think i could really improve on it.

Regards Phill

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It looks like it has been underwater for 70 years, I like it
    My thoughts exactly, it certainly does look like it's been underwater, shes pretty lumpy!

Cheers Phill.

It's a pretty sexy relic! I know that Eric and some other blokes on here have sweet electrolysis methods! There is some justice in trying to free the insignia underneath the rust globs! Be gentle my friend! Maybe take a wire brush gently before a bath. Still-I LIKE!!!!

?

Like you said, you can make out the bird, just, still has some nice paint on the inside....leave here be, just for the wicked rust effect

Thats a bird on a tightrope Phill, I'd do nothing other than some matt clear spray to seal the surface from the air and admire it!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Tightrope HaHa, well said Dan, and thanks Guys, i'll tinker with it a little but not too much....

Phill.

Judging by the shell its all ready been in acid any further soaking may result in the remaining paint looking dried up,if that make any sense...
    wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast