Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M-1940 Semirelic German helmet for review

Article about: I recently purchase this helmet locally from an online ad. The helmet looks like it was fractured possibly from a wartime concussion bomb etc. The markings on the helmet are on the inside ba

Default M-1940 Semirelic German helmet for review

I recently purchase this helmet locally from an online ad. The helmet looks like it was fractured possibly from a wartime concussion bomb etc. The markings on the helmet are on the inside back of the helmet and are: Q66, DN 521, Also I would like your opinion on the stripe painted on the helmet, I don't believe this was a wartime addition as there are little specks of white paint on the helmet so I believe this was spray painted on postwar in which case I may attempt to remove it. Also the liner has a name written on it (Pfieffer). Anyway appreciate any information you can give me regarding this item and Thank You!!M-1940 Semirelic German helmet for reviewM-1940 Semirelic German helmet for reviewM-1940 Semirelic German helmet for reviewM-1940 Semirelic German helmet for reviewM-1940 Semirelic German helmet for reviewM-1940 Semirelic German helmet for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-1940 Semirelic German helmet for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Late war Q helmet. My guess is '43/'44'ish.

Does look like a concussion crack. As far as the white strip I have not idea. Of course the standard answer is post war as I don't see what war time purpose it would serve and have never see anything like that before. But it is heavily worn. Photos are not clear though to provide much more advice.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your input, I'm think the about the paint as like I said it looks like it came from a spray can so may try to carefully remove it. Only paid $100 US for it though I think it is pretty cool

Nice helmet for that price!