Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M18 ECO help

Article about: My dad left this to me and I am trying to get more info(background, value, etc). The headband is stamped 1927. Roll stamp is R1787N. I measured the headband (between the band and shell) meas

Default M18 ECO help

My dad left this to me and I am trying to get more info(background, value, etc).
    The headband is stamped 1927. Roll stamp is R1787N. I measured the headband (between the band and shell) measures 64cm.
    Don't see the ET64 stamp but paint is thick.M18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 ECO help
    P
    Many

You have my attention

Any chance of some better pics? Look at a few threads on helmets here and copy the photography style. Outdoor without flash is best. You might have a gem there. I take it you know a little about this stuff since you know they should be ET64?

Rtr = Reiterregiment perhaps. there often went to cavalry units. I like it so far.

Default more pics

M18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO helpM18 ECO help

M38
    ?

I like everything I see. Including the early liner and strap, the hand paint, the name, and the decals. Pictures are not the greatest but the helmet looks like IT is!

I'm curious about your Dad.......was he a collector, or a WWII veteran, or just picked it up somewhere along the way?

Cheers,
    Terry

?

That is a very nice lid!!

I'm with Terry, I see no red flags. A refreshing change to have a brand new member posting a rare and desirable lid that is not a screaming fake. Don't be tempted to clean it.

?

I have to agree with Terry and KS, its a one looker, and in a very reasonable condition, these are hard to find to say the least, and no cleaning at all should be attempted especially near the decals, it would be interesting to find out how your father came by this good example

By the way I'm curious about what you say regarding the liner band being stamped 1927. That kind of liner was only introduced in 1931. Could it be 1937?

Savor the moment!.....what a great helmet!

M38
    ?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    By the way I'm curious about what you say regarding the liner band being stamped 1927. That kind of liner was only introduced in 1931. Could it be 1937?
    I suspect he meant to say chinstrap rather than headband. It is common to see that date on those clip type chinstraps.

I hope the owner will post again himself though, and welcome to the forum!

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast