Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M32 relic helmet

Article about: I have just got this helmet and would like your thoughts on the what the decal may have been , I think it may be the national shield but it is a gold tone . Thanks in advance .

Default M32 relic helmet

I have just got this helmet and would like your thoughts on the what the decal may have been , I think it may be the national shield but it is a gold tone . Thanks in advance .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M32 relic helmet   M32 relic helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M32 relic helmet
    P
    Many

It may help to post more pictures of the helmet as a whole. The vent holes are stamped, so it's either an M40 or M42 helmet. If it's an M42 (unrolled 'raw' edge on the skirt) it wouldn't have the national tricolour as it had been phased out by then. Whatever it was, it's seen better days!

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

From the very little bit of the edge of the helmet it looks like an M42. But as BB says...we need to see the whole helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi it looks like riveted grommets and not rolled edge .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M32 relic helmet   M32 relic helmet  

M32 relic helmet  

Sorry I should have said it is a rolled edge .

MAP
    ?

It looks like it's an M40 to me. I don't think it is an M35.

The options as to what it could be are primarily limited to it being SS given that there does not appear to be evidence of another decal on the other side and as a general rule M40's were single decaled with the exception of Police helmets

As far as the decal. It is too far gone for my eyes to make a determination. But it certainly doesn't look to be an SS. Add to that...decaled relic helmets are easy to fake

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I wouldn’t rule out it being a m35 From the specs of paint it looks like to me it could have been a once apple green even that aged very roughly.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    I wouldn’t rule out it being a m35 From the specs of paint it looks like to me it could have been a once apple green even that aged very roughly.
    could be.....so corroded...I can't tell. But no evidence of a decal on the other side, so if an M35, it is a re-issue

I am not sre what the decal could be but certainly does not look like a fake its just an interesting looking one, I can not make out any other colour than a toned gold but I do like the shape although I know it can not be a totenkopf it does look skull shaped .

Its an M35. Nice one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast