Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!

Article about: Hi all, I don't have a big collection or rarities so while I love to read of everyone elses fantastic finds I don't post much - but I thought this helmet may interest the group. I got this r

Default M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!

Hi all,

I don't have a big collection or rarities so while I love to read of everyone elses fantastic finds I don't post much - but I thought this helmet may interest the group.

I got this recently from Latvia ( supposedly Kurland - aren't they all? ) anyway, in the photos it looked OK, but when I unwrapped it and absorbed the reality of what happened 66 years ago, the chills started to form. This poor bugger copped 3 shots in the lid. The front one didn't pierce the opposite side but dented the bottom of the shield. The next went straight through & exited dramatically and the third one cracked the helmet but didn't pierce it. I think his name was WERFERT ???

I like that you can see the original apple green under where the field grey was painted around the decals. The spite the order to the contrary, this soldat was proud of his colours .... maybe that was the aiming point!

This is my 8th relic lid and my favorite ......despite the tragedy it displays.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!   M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!  

M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!   M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!  

M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!

Those were definitly kill shots.

4md
    ?

nice relic, maybe the name is weckert? could the f be a k

Great lid!

Thanks guys,
    I like it. Werfert is an actual German name but Weckert is just as plausible ...... thanks for the suggestion 4md
    From the same seller came these - the feldflasche shot is too round to be shrapnel and I'd hate to be wearing them at the time!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!   M35 DD relic - poor soldat!!  

maybe he was lucky and was alive