Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!

Article about: Hey all, this helmet is also part of that small collection I bought, and I've done quite a bit of research on it and it seems right to me. The seller told me about the re-issuance of these h

Default M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!

Hey all, this helmet is also part of that small collection I bought, and I've done quite a bit of research on it and it seems right to me. The seller told me about the re-issuance of these helmets with the darker paint and the painted over brightly-colored shield on the right side of the helmet. The outline of the shield is visible, and you can even see small traces of red beneath the paint.

M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!

In spots where the paint is chipped/worn, the original "parade green" (as it was explained to me) is visible. There are initials on both the liner and shell, and they seem to match (although I am no forensics expert). I feel good about this one, but I figured it would be good to share on the forum, and get some expert opinions at the same time.

Thanks as always to all for your time and attention!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!
    P
    Many

Hi, I think you got a good one there, plenty of character, I like it.

A tentative ok from my view. We need straight on photos of the decal areas, photos of the marking in the skirt rear and side and maybe a better photo of the rivets from the outside. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    A tentative ok from my view. We need straight on photos of the decal areas, photos of the marking in the skirt rear and side and maybe a better photo of the rivets from the outside. NH
    As requested

M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!M35 German helmet re-issue for review. Looks right to me - thoughts appreciated!

One point that I noticed during my research is the lack of "foot" on the 1 at the back of the helmet. My understanding is that some fakes have the foot of the 1 in place.

Quote by Rock Rey View Post
    In spots where the paint is chipped/worn, the original "parade green" (as it was explained to me) is visible.

Its called "Apple green", the first type of paint on these M35s.

The helmet looks great to me, note how the Heer decal was masked off on this one when it was repainted. These are field reissues.

SE means it was produced by Sächsiche Emaillier and 62 is the size. NH

Right as rain!!!!
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Right as rain!!!!
    x2! A keeper for sure. Solid battle worn condition.

An early M35. Is there a dome stamp? Can you read the date on the liner band (DON'T bend or pry it. It's a single band aluminum band and can crack(
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, well done, that is one fine looking re-issue M35 helmet. I love it when the over paint has cracked just giving you a "peak" at the National shield beneath, gives them real character. I am sure the thought has never crossed your mind, but don't "dig out/uncover" the decal as has happened to so many of these fine helmets in the past. That would ruin it. Leon.

Beautiful - one looker - killer lid, well done, a keeper for sure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast