Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 Relic NS 64

Article about: Hi people here is my relic/semi relic M35 I don't know if this was A kill shot but I bet the guy had a nasty headache afterwards.

Default M35 Relic NS 64

Hi people here is my relic/semi relic M35 I don't know if this was A kill shot but I bet the guy had a nasty headache afterwards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Relic NS 64   M35 Relic NS 64  

M35 Relic NS 64   M35 Relic NS 64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Relic NS 64
    P
    Many

Nasty bit of fragmentation there , I guess the shot was rather slow so it made the steel break rather than punching a clear hole through it, can't comment on the decal, but looks like a nice reissue M35.
    Luis

Hi, a nice single decal M35 that would have been a factory re-furb with the later M40 style liner put in place, hopefully the soldat was not wearing it when the bullet struck! Leon.

Nice helmet. Has it had a second coat of paint? It looks to have no rough paint under the decal and also where the bullet struck.

I'm guessing if the owner was wearing it he survived, but with a nasty head wound.

I have a similar NS M35, but with a field applied re-paint.
    Nick

It was repainted with a textured paint & the decal painted around. Too bad for the damage.
    D.

But that damage right there is why the designers wanted at least 2cm space between head and steel, I would presume that the soldier survived but probably had one hell of a headache after that, and a new hairstyle!

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    But that damage right there is why the designers wanted at least 2cm space between head and steel, I would presume that the soldier survived but probably had one hell of a headache after that, and a new hairstyle!
    And maybe in need of some clean underpants...

This one is in such good condition (part from the obvious damage) I probably wouldn’t class it as a semi relic.

An interesting pickup - shame we’ll never know the story behind it.

Thanks for all your comments I found this picture on line and I guess it proves the survivability of a shot like this one.
    Regards B
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Relic NS 64  

Looks like one tough bugger there! Bet he needed to get to QM for some new trousers afterwards, though..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast