Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M38 helmet in relic condition

Article about: Hi guys, just about to add this old fellow to my collection. Since it s going to be a while for me to buy a complete one for obvious reasons, reckon this one will look nice in mu humble para

Default M38 helmet in relic condition

Hi guys, just about to add this old fellow to my collection. Since it s going to be a while for me to buy a complete one for obvious reasons, reckon this one will look nice in my humble paratrooper collection, hope you like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 helmet in relic condition   M38 helmet in relic condition  

M38 helmet in relic condition  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 helmet in relic condition
    P
    Many

Have always found something uniquely appealing about battlefield relics. Perhaps it's the elimination of that mystery over where it's been and what it's borne witness to.
    Knowing where it was recovered from, you can very nearly pinpoint where it was in the grand scope of things. It's a piece of that battlefield, rather than just another helmet, and is all the more special and historically significant because of it.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Have always found something uniquely appealing about battlefield relics. Perhaps it's the elimination of that mystery over where it's been and what it's borne witness to.
    Knowing where it was recovered from, you can very nearly pinpoint where it was in the grand scope of things. It's a piece of that battlefield, rather than just another helmet, and is all the more special and historically significant because of it.

B.B.
    Agree with you, although its condition is like that, its got something that makes it very interesting, glad you like it. By the way it was dug out in Germany, will try to get more specific details about its location

Would be very tempted to clean it up with the ol' Oxalic AKA "doing' the Artem" on it.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Would be very tempted to clean it up with the ol' Oxalic AKA "doing' the Artem" on it.
    Never heard of that, out of the pictures I can see some traces of paint, if cleaned using this technique, would that ruin the paint?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 helmet in relic condition  

?

I like the "AKA "doing' the Artem" on it.
    He has done some fantastic work.
    Look here for more info about his method.
    Post # 28
    Stalingrad relic M35.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Having seen the results of oxalic acid treatment on helmets, I'd be very excited indeed to see what remains under all that rust. If it's not too pitted, you might even be lucky enough to discover a decal.
    After looking at Artem's work, I'm even more excited to try it myself!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Having seen the results of oxalic acid treatment on helmets, I'd be very excited indeed to see what remains under all that rust. If it's not too pitted, you might even be lucky enough to discover a decal.
    After looking at Artem's work, I'm even more excited to try it myself!

B.B.
    Will do it for sure, many thanks Phil, this is a great discovery

Hi guys, just received today. Better pictures. I reckon it is now clearly that there is quite a lot of nice paint underneath and besides the rust, by inspecting it it s not huge, hope you like it and look forward to hearing about your comments
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 helmet in relic condition   M38 helmet in relic condition  

M38 helmet in relic condition   M38 helmet in relic condition  

Be careful with the oxalic acid - as I understand it it can be very dangerous. Read up on how to use it and don't get hurt. Jim G.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast