MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 EF64 winter camo

Article about: Hello all, nice relic helmet. All parts are belong to the helmet. It has a bullet shot.

Default M40 EF64 winter camo

Hello all, nice relic helmet. All parts are belong to the helmet. It has a bullet shot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 EF64 winter camo   M40 EF64 winter camo  

M40 EF64 winter camo   M40 EF64 winter camo  

M40 EF64 winter camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 EF64 winter camo
    P
    Many

The liner doesn't belong to the helmet.

Andy

It does!

The wear of the liner does not appear consistent with the wear on the interior of the shell which is very heavily corroded.

Did you dig this one up yourself or was it purchased?

Andy

MAP
    ?

I generally like to hold winter relics in hand, I do think this one stands a chance (the shell)

And while I have seen amazingly preserved liners in relic helmets, I will agree with Andy that the condition between the helmet and liner is concerning. Especially if just judging a helmet from photos.

Where was this helmet found?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Unfortunately, I did not make pictures before cleaning of the helmet. The liner band indeed does not belong to the helmet but the leather liner does. I have recently strated to make photos before and after cleaning... can post some of them if you like to see...

I was expecting the leather to be a relic one but repaired, as the stitching going up the leather tongue in the back does seem rather fresh, what happened to the original liner band?
    Aside from the swapped out liner a nice relic.
    Luis

I always resewn the leather. So it is original to the helmet. The liner band some times remain in a good condition but some times not. If the metal band has gone I have a stock of other relic bands in a proper condition. I don’t like to keep just shells, I always make helmets complete. This helmet has its leather and the chinstrap.

I found one before cleaning
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 EF64 winter camo   M40 EF64 winter camo  

M40 EF64 winter camo  

Your story has more holes in it than the helmet I'm afraid. The one you have just posted has no supposed "bullet shot", no chinstrap, the liner appears to have tongues missing. The first liner posted has a tear in the top this one doesn't. What is going on?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast