Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic

Article about: Hey guys - what are your thoughts on this one? Decal ok (looks ok to me)? Cheers, Fabe

?

Like I said before, a lovely helmet. Nice pick-up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic
    P
    Many

?

more pics:

M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic

?

Dan: I've talked to seller about this one - both helmets were found in Poland - that paint is actually sand-color, not white - I've also talked down the price from 115 EU to 80 EU - so I'm getting that one also...
    ...and did some softening to sell me the SS one also possibly next month.

M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic

I still dont understand why the dome is painted Fabe?
    Normally not something that a soldier would do seeing you would have to unlace the liner to to so for no real benefit.
    Also check if the SS is a real one. Runes on the left side as well is a rare thing.....it may turn out to just be a heer decal after all.
    Cheers Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I guess for 80 EU it seemed ok, I'll have it on Thursday - will update - also the seller is showing me more relic helmets tomorrow...

?

Dan (or anyone else interested):

The same seller also offering me these 2 relic helmets:

This one is in really good condition - almost a semi-relic - expect the battle damages - is that decal 100% OK? (seems ok, but I'm no expert)
    M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic

and also this more salty one - you were right, not an SS but a Heer decal on it...
    M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic

I've told him, I'm interested in both...

Decal is fine Fabe, just a few sanding marks from cleaning after discovery. A left side SS is so rare but in the background it looked like one..... that may clean up well too but my choice would be the first one.......
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The helmet arrived (the one for 80 EU) - took some pics.:
    The good news: all the paint is under the rust and rust-holes (on some of the photos, there are some rust-holes which they seem to have paint inside of them, but they are light-colored rust reflecting in the light)
    There is actually 3 layers of paint on the helmet - the factory panzer green/gray, above that some yellow (gelb) and some green camo paint.
    Also, the pins and liner are untouched, nicely rusted to the helmet.
    Not much left from the decal, but at least the outline is there.
    Again, I'm no expert, but all the paint (even inside the lid) seems to be original - overall, I like this one as well...

Cheers,
    Fabe

M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic

M40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relicM40 ET64 single decal battle damaged relic[/quote]

Hi Fabe!

Sorry for the bad news but the helmet seems to be an EF M40 not ET to me and the heer decal is a fake bigfoot type, placed directly on rusty, bare metal.

?

THX - but which one are you talking about? The one in my first post? ET was just a guess...markings are no longer visible.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast