Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

M40 ground dug

Article about: nice relic.

nice relic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks Harry, my first relic purchase so I was concerned and skeptical but it will display as a nice m40 next to my SD m35

Maybe these will shed light on it, looks like there is no rust under it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0100.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	327.9 KB 
ID:	643299
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0102.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	643300

Nice original ground dug helmet not as bad as some I have seen does have a lot of paint left as ground dug ones go I have a M-42 out of Ukraine with a partial Heer decal on it after removing rust etc. Nice helmet for ground dug example. timothy

It is a nice relic.
    But I agree that the white is some sort on mineral/calcium deposit. It looks from the pic's that it is located in the pitting of the metal and not on the painted surface. The white also appears in the photo of the rear of the helmet.

Semper Fi

I'm having to vote it's a decal remain, the white bits just appear to uniform in that little area to be a random collection of calcium IMO. Also there's a couple of deep scratches in the area where the 'decal' is missing, possibly hinting at a decal being forceably removed? Probably an ADM shot would tell but for me, i'd be putting it in the possible SS zone and be happy with that.

Well Ben, It is up to you to see if the white is on a flat surface or if it is down in the pitting. It is hard to tell and when I zoom in the pic it just get's blurry. It's time to break out the jewelers loupe.

Thanks gents I would agree its a decal, it is under the rust layer and not in the pitting. Not much of a decal but, I am happy with it for 50$

Nice helmet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12