Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 helmet

Article about: Hi all. Did have a few beers some nights ago, and though it was the best time to get my first helmet. Have always though my knowlegde was to little to pic a good one. But when i had some bee

Default M40 helmet

Hi all. Did have a few beers some nights ago, and though it was the best time to get my first helmet. Have always though my knowlegde was to little to pic a good one. But when i had some beers, it was time. Anyway.
    Two things that always was important to me was, need to real, german, and untouched.

Pardon Our Interruption

This was what i picked up, i know the condtion isent great, but its a start for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 helmet
    P
    Many

Nothing like a few beers and then making a purchase. I did that with a nice KM destroyer badge which fortunately turned out to be good.

Your Quist helmet is nice later war helmet, with Lot number indicating it should not have a decal. I like it.

You need to post the pictures up here so they don't dissappear when the link goes dead.

Nick

For your first helmet, I think you did well.. It has a nice patina and although has some liner issues, it has character..

Good job

Smitty

TWS
    ?

Looks legit from a quick glance through the photos. Congrats.

I get a little competitive sometimes when bidding sober so I know I'd better not drink and bid! It could only end up being needlessly expensive for me.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Agree,nice M40. For sure a whole lot better than the piece of crap I remember the first helmet I got as. That one really was not very good at all
    Luis

Thanks! Yeah, really like the caracter of it. So whats the reason the later ones is without decals? Due to massproduction, and limited resouces?

MAP
    ?

Leon is the self proclaimed master of BWI (buying while inebriated)

Helmet looks good but will wait until the photos are uploaded directly to the forum (per rules ) before giving final opinions
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As far as I know they dropped the decals for camouflage purposes, think about it, you are going to be a whole lot more visible with a big silver/white/red "shoot here to hit me in the head" thingy on your helmet, they started by discontinuing the DD helmets i.e. tricolor shield for Heer,LW,KM and the swastika shield for SS in around 1940 and stopped factory applying the other decals altogether in 1943.
    Luis
    Apart from Polizei helmets mind you, they always had their two decals.
    Last edited by PotatoDigger; 05-16-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: forgot something

Looking at it, it's pretty similar to the late war Q64 M40 I had restored a few weeks ago, the liner damage is also quite similar Only my helmet is in worse condition
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet  

Thanks for all the help. Here the Pictures from the site. Ill can take better onces when i get it. I may have overpaid a bit, but i got a untouched one. and a good start maybe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

M40 helmet   M40 helmet  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast