Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40? No Decal

Article about: I've just recently purchased this helmet from a collector and i have a few questions on it. I'm pretty positive its an M40 but im not an expert. The condition on this helmet amazes me. It ce

Default M40? No Decal

I've just recently purchased this helmet from a collector and i have a few questions on it. I'm pretty positive its an M40 but im not an expert. The condition on this helmet amazes me. It certainly looks way better in person then it does in the pictures. In the inside of the helmet, there is a number, it looks like 30 but I'm not exactly sure. Inside, where the number is, there seems to be initials of the person who owned and wore the helmet. I have seen a lot of relic helmets come up for auction and most of them are in ten times worse condition then this one, and the helmets are getting quite a lot of money. The questions i have are, what would the value be on a helmet like this? Is it a great condition relic helmet or is it a non relic (I don't know how to tell)? Other then those questions, I would like to hear some comments and opinions on this helmet, any information and feedback would be great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40? No Decal   M40? No Decal  

M40? No Decal   M40? No Decal  

M40? No Decal   M40? No Decal  

M40? No Decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40? No Decal
    P
    Many

There might be a mark visible at the side of the skirt to tell you the maker, I think it is an EF or maybe an ET produced shell. It's certainly relic class with that much rust.

Yup it's an M 40, and as my friend above said i'd say relic condition. As for value i've got an m 40 in a similar condition for which i paid 50 euros. Nice honest shell!...