MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Relic Helmet

Article about: Dear Friends, please, your opions of this helmet, all the parts originals?. Thanks.

Default M40 Relic Helmet

Dear Friends, please, your opions of this helmet, all the parts originals?. Thanks.

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

M40 Relic Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Relic Helmet
    P
    Many

I don't know an awful lot about this area. But can't see the reason why a soldier would put barbed wire on his steel helmet ?, unless he's planning on head butting the enemy that is !. I've seen types of string, wire or chicken wire etc, but never barbed wire it doesn't see, to add up. But as I say that's just my thoughts

Looks contrived to me, fresh rust on the wire but not the helmet!...

I agree with Gunny,dodgy wire.

is that a hint of snow camo i see or just the effects of being buried ,can i ask where it was found please

?

A lot more close ups of the barbed wire and where it attaches to the helmet is needed. I can't see why a soldier would chose barbed wire on his helmet. My first impression on this is not good

Cheers

Quote by James C View Post
    is that a hint of snow camo i see or just the effects of being buried ,can i ask where it was found please
    Looks like some definite white on there mate!....

Looks like it is a snow camo. The barbed wire is of course uncommon but well - not an bad idea at all to make a camo helmet in combat sitaution! The barbed wire seems to be of Soviet origin to me but again - can we blame a WWII German soldier that he picked the "wrong" wire to make a camo helmet in combat sitauation?

Quote by James C View Post
    Hola James, the helmet is in Latvia

?

i may be the odd one out here, that said i have no experience with helmets{or most things} i just like this for no other reason that its very pleasing to my eye,i would love a relic helmet, i dont own one at present. i think im entering my second youth,how i wish id collected long ago. regards george

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast