Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My first relic helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, I received my first relic helmet in the mail today. Allegedly from Stalingrad (purchased from Russia), it appears to be an M35 with the remains of a dark field green paint (cert

Default My first relic helmet

My first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmetMy first relic helmet

Hi everyone,

I received my first relic helmet in the mail today. Allegedly from Stalingrad (purchased from Russia), it appears to be an M35 with the remains of a dark field green paint (certainly too dark to be apple green). A lot of the zinc liner band remains along with some leather and felt. There a two decals, a national shield and what looks like a heer. The decals look good although with my limited experience I am unsure. There is extensive (i think) shrapnel damage to one side. There are no exit points so may have been a KIA (hoping its not to be honest). All up I paid $198 Australian dollars.

I would love to here your expert opinions. Hope you enjoy viewing it.

Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first relic helmet
    P
    Many

Hi,

IMO it's genuine, helms are not my field but i think that experts here will be able to tell you if the supposed provenience can be correct for such bi-decal type. About the decals i believe they will ask you daylight detailed and hq shots.
    Stalingrad more or less at a first glance i like it but i'm the last that should talk here.

Thanks for the quick reply Leprechaun. I agree. I would think if you were going to fake decals on a relic you would at least try to create an SS fake. I must say the condition of the helmet overall and the decals is very consistent through the entire helmet.

Nice score matey!!!
    Nice how the vent rivet has popped out.... like it a lot.
    Cheers Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan! (From a fellow Sydney-sider). Yeah, I was very happy with it in regards to it being legit. I did a few days of research particularly with this forum and in the end thought it looked good.

The rest of the world might think $200 is too much to pay but they don't appreciate just how hard it is to find decent stuff down here.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I actually don't thinks it's too bad for some the stuff I've seen people flogging online and if it's legit, it's a double decal with real character.

nice buy.

?

I really like these relic helmets and by the looks of it, it's legit IMO. The battle damage shows the hell these guys went through. Great add to any collection.

I reckon $200 is pretty fair for an honest relic like this. In regard to the Stalingrad story, from where was the package posted? Any of my Stalingrad relics I am happy to see have been posted from Volgograd so that at least adds weight to the story.

If you like relic lids, it is an easy way to build up a collection without spending a fortune. Here are some of my relic helmets from 3-4 years ago (it has grown somewhat since then).

My first relic helmet

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast