Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Article about: I just find Very Very weird the 2 HD helmets pop up over time On ebay and BOTH Look like there from the same hand..I have been collecting Relics right up to the top shelf camo's for more tha

Default Re: My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

I am Afraid Kelly Its not looking to great...An Easy way to Hike up the price of a Relic ..My Advice to anyone buying off these eastern Europe sellers ON EBAY, Is do your homework there are A few top notch HONEST diggers and then again there are the fraudsters..Have a look on the (for sale section) here you will find a Very good selection of ORIGINAL helmets..And from there you can build up a friendship I have done just that... send this helmet back to the shark who sold it to you and spread the word about him
    Wayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk
    P
    Many

Problem with that is it cost $80 US to send back to Latvia with tracking. I'm going for a part refund, wish me luck.

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    I just bought this one from him. Eagele looks wrong to me. Is it correct to have 2 decal on this type helmet for Luft/

Attachment 417272
    Attachment 417270Attachment 417271Attachment 417269
    To me, the eagle looks like a stencil. There is too much black outline on the right wing. Looks like spraypaint..

Ya, I should know better. When I got it I can see decal is raised higher then normal. Most likely done over paint and rust. I must say though it is very well done. No spray paint, it is a decal under it. Black area just from camera photo.

It is the most cool looking battle damage helmet in my collection.

Paid $69US for it and now got $35US refund after my complaint to seller.

My question to you good folk is now what? I have great opportunity to sting him with a neg and comment about it is fake, should I? He put up no fuss to refund me half the helmet cost. But now he want the ebay deal cancel too lol, maybe to avoid any bad FB?

God Damm right you should Sting this Wan#er He's given you half your cash well that's just not good enough in my eyes..He knows perfectly well what he's doing to catch more and more victim's and after he's caught out, to refund half the cash and then get his ruined helmet back..This makes my blood boil..........
    Wayne

?

Quote by AMTG View Post
    He has a "HD" marked shell similar to one of our Aussie members.....maybe he's trawling the forums for ideas
    Would'nt surprise me the least.

We have seen some posting here, who were thought to test the knowledge of the forum too in order to get away with fakes.

Its like a perpetual motion machine; the forum doing very important work in helping members avoid being conned into buying fakes and the fake-making pond scum trawling the forum to learn a new angle.

?

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    To me, the eagle looks like a stencil. There is too much black outline on the right wing. Looks like spraypaint..
    Now that you mention it.
    It does look like a spray outline.....
    .....but I understand that:

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    No spray paint, it is a decal under it. Black area just from camera photo.
    If that goes for the eagle too and not just the shield decal.

I usually dont go for lids this crushed, but Its actually not a bad looking relic - apart from the fake decals.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    He has a "HD" marked shell similar to one of our Aussie members.....maybe he's trawling the forums for ideas
    I saw that one Tony! - a different seller to the one I bought from but it looks quite similar so I checked mine out in a mild panic ( especially because it had a dud SS decal on it when I got it ) .... but under a magnifying glass I can see that the white HD paint is crazed and I'm comfortable with it relative to the overall condition of the helmet - but these just look completely wrong!! the pitting is so evident and the decals just so off ....sheez what next!!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I think and thought he was the same seller..I would stake my life on him being the very same Person...

Quote by ww2relicsandcollectables View Post
    I think and thought he was the same seller..I would stake my life on him being the very same Person...
    Damn - I'll check back through my records??? because if it IS him it puts a cloud of doubt back in my mind even though the paint matches the helmet so well - maybe he has an original and if there is a bite he makes clones???? ( or he mixes it up with good & bad?? ) .... I get the fake decal additions, thats an easy and profitable embellishment - but mix them in with legit stuff and you get away with it!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast