Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Article about: I just find Very Very weird the 2 HD helmets pop up over time On ebay and BOTH Look like there from the same hand..I have been collecting Relics right up to the top shelf camo's for more tha

Default Re: My good friend Boddoer/ ssovetsk

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    Yes makes sense, but there are also many GOOD eBay Latvian sellers and other good European sellers and diggers, where deals sometimes can be had.
    It depends on how you define a deal , most helmets sold on ebay are either at market price or over and if you buy dross with fake decals like this then the next deal you do isn't a deal anymore as you have include your loss on the fake one.
    I think a lot of people would benefit from buying from safe and trusted sources , in the end you'll end up with better stuff and less headaches.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Frundsberg I see you are selling relic lids at this forum as well. Now really if you think that my helmet fake decals are correct then that puts into question the relics you are selling. They look ok so far, but now buyers must be aware of you.

Are you defending Latvian sellers because you also are a East European seller and don't want the bad name given out to interfere with the value of these relics?

There are trusted ebay Eastern Europe relic sellers, and from my experience those can sell sometimes for less on ebay. Prices are below dealer or forum prices. And who doesn't want a deal??? I have bought at forum selling sites and dealer sites to get what I want also. And if there was a GOOD LUft relic for sale here I'd seriously look at it.

Ebay has buyer protection, and it helped to cover the loss this time. Some dealers and forums give you nothing for protection.

?

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    Frundsberg I see you are selling relic lids at this forum as well. Now really if you think that my helmet fake decals are correct then that puts into question the relics you are selling. They look ok so far, but now buyers must be aware of you.

Are you defending Latvian sellers because you also are a East European seller and don't want the bad name given out to interfere with the value of these relics?
    Now you are missing the point !! Frundsberg is a well respected member here and as such the helmets he has for sale are available for any scrutiny or discussion so passing comment " now buyers must beware of you " are not correct.

He is not saying that all Latvian sellers are safe but that just because you are from Eastern Europe doesn't mean that you sell fakes , this seems to be an totally unjustified insinuation that is repeated on a regular basis on all forums , we have a number of excellent members from both Latvia and Estonia in particular one of whom brought to the forum one of the rarest helmets ever seen , an original Heimwehr Danzig M35 with Skull decal.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

If he is a trusted seller here that's great. I don't know him or his reputation here. But IMO It does put his expertise into question to defend so strongly fake that is agreed upon by many on this thread but him.

I went back to his posts, he is defending the Latvian sellers as well. Maybe he didn't look clearly at the decals, I don't know. Let him explain.
    Last edited by WW2headgearlover; 11-06-2012 at 10:26 PM.

ho! dear this is getting out of hand.

Well, I offered You a honest deal - You are not happy with the helmet You got from Latvian dealer. I can buy it from You right away for the price You actually paid + shipping. Sounds a good deal to me. I can send payment out right now. But now You say that You actually like the helmet and You do not want to sell. So my question is: why? If the helmet is so bad and with fake decals... And the seller is one of these "eastern european crooks." And if You have anything to say about my relic helmets that are for sell - tell me which one of them is a fake?

I've got the enemy flag!

The battle damage is not fake and I lkie it apart from the fake decals and that's all I need to explain to you. The refund covers the fake part, so I'm satisfied. However since you are talking about this on the open forum, and choose to call me out about the whole thing you now need to explain why you are backing a fake helmet and a fake helmet seller??? My question to you! Explain sir!

It's been a long time since I read such an absurd topic , I wonder if you guys just a kick out of finding 'deals' instead of owning a genuine WW2 artefact.
    Frundsberg , I'm also interested to know why you'd buy a relic with a fake decal ? Aren't there enough decent ground finds anymore ? Just curious...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast