Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

my m1916 stalhlhelm relic

Article about: hi guys just to share my relic condition m16 its a fairly solid shell apart from the large hole in the crown probably deliberately damaged to render useless the rim has parted in a couple of

Default my m1916 stalhlhelm relic

hi guys just to share my relic condition m16 its a fairly solid shell apart from the large hole in the crown probably deliberately damaged to render useless the rim has parted in a couple of places and internally there is remenants of a period french newspaper why its there i will never know enjoy james my m1916 stalhlhelm relicmy m1916 stalhlhelm relicmy m1916 stalhlhelm relicmy m1916 stalhlhelm relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my m1916 stalhlhelm relic
    P
    Many

Default Re: my m1916 stalhlhelm relic

Could have been damaged by de-militarization...interesting, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images my m1916 stalhlhelm relic 

Very nice james cool lid my favs of all. The very first and the best of lids still pleasing on the eye,keep up the good work matey,regards minnie.

superb referance picture bigmacglenn the first ive ever seen its certainly rings true with the damage to my stalhlhelm also the size looks about right as a matter of interest i believe my lid was upsidedown when hit with a pickaxe of some sort as the damage to the exit hole is directed outwards not inwards another thing that has puzzled me is why one of the brow plate lugs was cut off i just cant think of any reason for it the and the area cut has the same rusted patina as the rest of the shell so must of been done many years before and i totally agree with you MM it is such a special helmet i feel lucky to have an example even in this relic form cheers james