Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My M42 with Decal rest.

Article about: Hello Guys! I just wanted to show you my Relict M42 which, accordingly to the seller, was found half underwater, at a River in the Allgaeu, Bavaria. It has remains of the Original Paint on t

Default My M42 with Decal rest.

Hello Guys!
    I just wanted to show you my Relict M42 which, accordingly to the seller, was found half underwater, at a River in the Allgaeu, Bavaria.
    It has remains of the Original Paint on the Inside, and you can see the Lot Number very slightly. (Too slight to be photographed sadly) It should start with 18 and the rest is unreadable. Also there are stains where the inner ring once has been, and there is even a part of the liner rusted to the inner side of the Helmet.
    I absolutly love the look, with the generally intact shell that has been attacked by rust especially on one side. Its sad to know, that the wearer probably died, fighting a War that was already lost at that time. May he rest in peace.
    N.

My M42 with Decal rest.My M42 with Decal rest.
    My M42 with Decal rest.My M42 with Decal rest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42 with Decal rest.
    P
    Many

Nice relic and nice post Adravor.

Looks like a large shell. I have a similar relic M42 in a large size which I have treated with Renaissance Wax to provide a little more protection.

Nice helmet! If I saw the top part of the shell sticking out of the water I would’ve thought it was an alligator

I have a few relic helmets, I thought they were joking when it was said that "rust never sleeps." Untreated items slowly fall apart over time. So I have treated them. Sometimes with ren wax, I have also read that bees wax is OK. I have even sprayed with satin poly. But that was on helmets that were in rough shape. Some might not like the poly but it has saved rust for continuing. Good luck!

Hello
    Good to see that my M42 find a good home
    Best regards
    Bavarian

?

Nice lid and even with colour remaining!

?

Very neat helmet - awesome look about it. Thank you for sharing the pics and background! Dan