Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets

Article about: Hi guys yesterday the weather was very good and I went to the local fleemarket I found this very good couple of relic german helmets for 40€ The M35 ET66 helmet is very damaged in front, bec

Default My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets

Hi guys
    yesterday the weather was very good and I went to the local fleemarket
    I found this very good couple of relic german helmets for 40€
    The M35 ET66 helmet is very damaged in front, because it was hit on the rear and destroyed the helmetfront and it was green inside painted
    The M42 Q64 or CKL64 helmet was black and red painted, I think it was a Medic helmet from the WH
    I need your expertsknowledge About this founds
    Im thankful for all good posts and information
    Best regards from Munic in Germany
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets   My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets  

My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets   My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets  

My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets   My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new relic german M35 and M42 helmets
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The M42 has been post war abused with added paint. None of which is wartime. Sorry.

The M35 looks like an M40 to me but not important. Seems to be a clean relic that was treated to stop the rust.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post

Seems to be a clean relic that was treated to stop the rust.
    I thought that rust did not spread unless exposed to more moisture?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ethan View Post
    I thought that rust did not spread unless exposed to more moisture?
    Generally if stored correctly, the helmet will last longer than us, but many times when relics are dug up, they are treated with an acid bath, wax, oil, varnish, etc.

You can see the shine on this one, it might be the lights but you can also see it in the pores which leads me to believe it was treated someway.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)