Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My Relic M40 shell

Article about: Hi all Picked up this relic German WW II helmet shell at the weekend its marked SE 64 and has a serial No 3344 it has been at some time coated in varnish/lacquer as rust protection (hence th

Default My Relic M40 shell

Hi all
    Picked up this relic German WW II helmet shell at the weekend its marked SE 64 and has a serial No 3344 it has been at some time coated in varnish/lacquer as rust protection (hence the shine in the pics)
    its pretty solid but has a hole in the top and an angle poise lamp arm welded to it (Novelty lamp shade .....also explains the silver paint to the interior !!) there is a few tiny specs of green paint evident (see photos).....original paint???? last three pics are after a gentle clean up of all the storage dust ,dirt, cobwebs and bird-mess !!!!
    your comments please ........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Relic M40 shell   My Relic M40 shell  

My Relic M40 shell   My Relic M40 shell  

My Relic M40 shell   My Relic M40 shell  

My Relic M40 shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Relic M40 shell
    P
    Many

Hi, very nice item. After the WW2 steel was very rare, all factories were destroyed and the Germans made household items (lamps, bowls, pots) of helmets, gas masks etc. We call it " Schwerter zu Pflugscharen " here in Germany. Size 64 cm. Made by the producer Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke Laute. Regards from Germany