Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe

Article about: Hello everyone. I purchased this helmet a while ago and it came in just before my trip, so here are some basic pictures. I purchased this helmet specifically for the white identifying stripe

Default Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe

Hello everyone.
    I purchased this helmet a while ago and it came in just before my trip, so here are some basic pictures.
    I purchased this helmet specifically for the white identifying stripe on the back, I'm still not sure the significance of the stripe but after a year of searching I found period footage of the marking on a helmet during an assault. I will post that along with comparison pictures of several other helmets in the future.
    This helmet has been severely structurally damaged and in places is as fragile as an egg. Overall though it has a great color and a thick camo paste combo.
    What I can see:
    M35 NS62, lot E83.
    Liner dated 1937, marked 62 n. A./55
    Named Lt. Hassenstein.
    Orginal smooth green paint throughout.
    Brown/red, tan and green textured camo covers most of the helmet including the vent holes. I initially thought the helmet was dirty but after a thorough inspection it appears that the tan color comes from dirt mixed into the textured camo.
    The texture itself has a metallic shine that is visible even in low light, I'm assuming it is embedded with aluminum oxide.
    The decals, or lack thereof, are kind of a mystery. The left side obviously had a decal at some point but no trace can be seen through the scratches, the right side has a ghost decal but no idea why its exposed and not the other side.
    If anyone knows the type of paste camo used, the input is greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe   Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe  

Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe   Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe  

Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe   Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe  

Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named Camo M35 relic with white identifying stripe
    P
    Many