Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with my M17 Helmet badges

Article about: Hi Guys, I`m about to buy that M17 Helmet and wanted to know if the badges are original. I know there is no 100% guarantee if you only got pictures but it would be nice to know if the positi

Question Need help with my M17 Helmet badges

Hi Guys,
    I`m about to buy that M17 Helmet and wanted to know if the badges are original.
    I know there is no 100% guarantee if you only got pictures but it would be nice to know if the position and the grade of wear seems plausible. Just give me all information you know about that helmet! :)
    Thanks for your help!
    Xaver
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with my M17 Helmet badges   Need help with my M17 Helmet badges  

Need help with my M17 Helmet badges   Need help with my M17 Helmet badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with my M17 Helmet badges
    P
    Many

The decals look a bit superficial to my eyes to be original, did you get a picture of the inside of the helmet?

I have advised the OP to post on this forum before buying, otherwise he'd have already bought it, the liner is not in the best condition, only 2 pads left and they don't look all that nice either, think it had different paint in the dome, but it's been a while since I saw the listing which has since been deleted so unfortunately I can't provide any photos.
    Luis

It's wise to also post the interior , foul play can come in many ways but the decals are fake.

Question

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It's wise to also post the interior , foul play can come in many ways but the decals are fake.
    Are you sure the decals are fake?
    How comes?

I will try to get a pic of the inside!
    Thanks

The helmet decals are modern water slide transfer type whereas the original decals were more substantial and even if removed you would expect to see traces of the base of the decal affixed to the steel. The example in #1 clearly shows the decals and the steel/rust within the same plane.

An original helmet that has been "sexed" up to look TR re-issue.