Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet

Article about: by klinger i decidet not to buy it and wait for a good one Wise choice. It's been good to see this lid though, very unusual indeed.

Default need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet

need opinion on this Paratrooper Helmet i got offered,
    looks a bit funny to me, but good as well, he told me its a swamp find, so i need help and i need to know how mutch i can pay for it, what is a fair price (he ask 2000$). or if real and someone else wanna buy it let me know.
    thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet   need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet  

need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet   need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet  

need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet   need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet

Wow 2k for a relic! Now there's a talking point.

My initial observation is the shell is in much better condition than the interior, although if it was in peat, it would preserve it. The shell is green on my monitor?

no doubt it has something going for it, but the price would put me off. I'd rather wait and buy a real one for 4k
    JMO

Man, that is pretty ugly. I'm not sure that one would look very good on any shelf. The colour doesn't seem right either. I'm no expert on the corrosive properties of swamp water but rust is rust and on steel it's usually dark brown, if the helmet were copper I could understand. If this had been submerged for 70 odd years it would be pretty much unrecognisable as a helmet IMO and the liner would be all but gone. It's definitely not my cup of tea that's for sure and I wouldn't part with my pocket money for it

Quote by John Brandon View Post

although if it was in peat, it would preserve it.
    JMO
    like the bog man of Lindow He's 2000 years old and still better looking than this lid!

?

John looks a bit like lindow man only not aswell preserved
    Attached Images Attached Images need opinion on this relic Paratrooper Helmet 

in one of the pictures is a luftwaffe eagel to see under the paint, but the green is so strange

I have been collecting and relic hunting for years and never seen a green looking helmet like this.2000$ is too much 500$ would be OK.I pick-up some helmets from rivers and swamps they never look like this.I have a bad felling about it.

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    John looks a bit like lindow man only not aswell preserved
    Dave, that's very cruel. Iv'e yet to meet Mr Brandon in the flesh. I will keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in Bury St Edmonds for a curled up leathery man selling TR militaria..

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I have been collecting and relic hunting for years and never seen a green looking helmet like this.2000$ is too much 500$ would be OK.I pick-up some helmets from rivers and swamps they never look like this.I have a bad felling about it.
    yaa me too, but the strange thing is the faker allways find someone how will buy it, and if this is a real one i think someone paintet the rust and killd all value

i decidet not to buy it and wait for a good one

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast