Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New Project.

Article about: Another badly corroded helmet.. in the ground for years.. Needs a clean and some TLC.

TDB has gone further than a lot of us would have with the cleaning but at the end of the day it is his to do what he likes with.

Personally, I would have treated this with some Renaissance wax and then put it on display but again just my opinion. Anyway, still looking forward to following it’s progress.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Project.
    P
    Many

Well, as you can see the rust has really taken hold - the red towel underneath shows so many holes it looks like a sieve.

The liner band is re-usable, I thought it was ready for the knackers yard, but it is quite strong.

A pin set is on the way, so that should help keep it in place properly, the ones on it made it quite loose.

It's a lot darker than in the pictures, not shiny at all, almost dark gray.

As for it's worth? it's not for sale. Money doesn't come into it... well not for me any way..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Project.   New Project.  

You're having fun with it, so that is all that matters. We can agree to disagree, but in the end it is up to you. After all it isn't a rare find.

As for it's worth? it's not for sale. Money doesn't come into it... well not for me any way..

i will give you £60 for the bird feeder then.

"As for it's worth? it's not for sale. Money doesn't come into it... well not for me any way..

i will give you £60 for the bird feeder then".

Now, the flying furry things will not be happy with that!

They are making a mess to be honest, just beats why they just can't have a feed up then pi$$ off without throwing most of the feed onto the floor. Disgusting manners I might add .

I mean, after all, it's free..

It's fascinating to watch, as they clean their beaks on the side of the helmet.. take another bite and lash it all over the place.

Shocking!

The liner band is firmly in place now, with new pins.

?

Birds have no respect,but some of the most interesting Stahlhelm's I have seen posted were those converted to pots,collenders,bedpans or manure scoops.
    Whatever you have done with your helmet,I would like to see as I have attempted to refinish two myself.
    Good luck,
    Kateri

Here it is now..

No SS decals, daft colour schemes, reproduction liner.

Three new pins for the liner, that's all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Project.   New Project.  

New Project.   New Project.  

Can we all agree to disagree on this one? i would have left the lid as it was but it doesn't belong to me. It is the property of "The Devil's bank" (sorry i don't know your name) and as such he is free to do what he wants with it.
    There has been enough ill feeling on this forum resulting in the temporary ban of one member, let's hope lessons have been learned. The results look good by the way.

I don't think it looks bad. Do you enjoy it? Well, good for you. Its a hobby, enjoy. nice work!

Nice work Bank! Tastefully done and not dressed up to be what it never was. I would display that all day long. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast