Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Relic Lid!

Article about: Yeah, it'll be cool even if the liner can't be refitted.

Default Re: New Relic Lid!

Well here it is Guys, it arrived the other day but i only just took some pics (after a little bath in some warm soapy water) It's a nice shell, but that's where it gets a little confusing.... he included a chinstrap with the liner which is a great match, but if the chinstrap belongs to the liner then the liner doesn't belong to the helmet as there are just too many Bales! The "digging Pics" are just downloaded off the internet and no map of battlefield I have talked to the seller and he assures me all the items came with the lid when he purchased it and is just telling me about its history as was told to him, i have also discussed it with Paul E who thought he recognised it from the first pic i loaded, and he knows the seller and assures me he's a good bloke although he may have made it sound a little more attractive, Oh well measure twice cut once as they say, still a respectable lid and maybe the liner is for the helmet and the chinstrap is a bonus, but i can't be certain.
    Cheers Phill.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Relic Lid!   New Relic Lid!  

New Relic Lid!   New Relic Lid!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Relic Lid!
    P
    Many

A tricky one Phill - you can't just leave it and do nothing, as it will continue to flake and corrode and while you may make others happy by doing nothing to it, I've a gut feeling you won't be!!

If you get one of those cube fish tanks / terrariums and do a mini-diorama with some rocks, barb wire and say a dug belt buckle, squashed water flask or similarly aged stuff, etc... you COULD seal it from the wonderful Melbourne weather and it will last forever.

Just a thought - cheers, Dan

New Relic Lid!I'm hearing ya Dan...Food for thought, i saw one here the other day in a fish tank with rocks etc. looked Great! I have the perfect display cabinet with interior lighting but at the moment my Darwin carpet Python considers it his LOL and i'm not about to argue with him! I like your idea Dan, i might just give it a coat of flat clear just to help protect it for now.

Cheers Phill

If it was mine I'd definitely do something not too "intrusive" to preserve the lid and liner, just like Danmark said... I wouldn't want to restore it, as was discussed earlier, though --- two totally different things in my book

The fish tank is a good idea for displaying, I've got one like that myself.

G'day Guys, I've given the M40 a bit of a clean up in a vinegar bath and a scrub with a wire brush and washed the liner gently in some warm soapy water and sort of reassembled it with the (partial) chinstrap (which is stamped "wilhelm..Some illegible numbers...1940) It's all posed for the Photos but looks pretty Kool, if i turned it right side up and gave it a shake it would all end up on the deck LOL but i'm Happy with the way it looks ,Still looking for a nice display case..
    Cheers Phill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Relic Lid!   New Relic Lid!  

Nice relic mate, and I liked that fishtank idea!

Cheers Mate, yeah i'll get it all together soon, should look Good

btw, your footwear in pic 2 looks very comfy

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    btw, your footwear in pic 2 looks very comfy
    LOL Mate i only noticed that after i posted Aaaah the ol Indian Moccasin, Very comfy indeed,these are "Cheapies" but i used to get them in Cow or Roo hide and they'd last for years

Looks good Phill!
    The moccies go well with your tats ............. not! - should be blundstones ( LOL )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast