Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A new sub-forum???? relic helmets

Article about: Certainly there is more and more discussion taking place on decals on relic helmets , i personally feel that the posting of helmets to show how differing ground and soil conditions have affe

Default A new sub-forum???? relic helmets

Hello moderators / admin guys,

Given the propensity of relic helmets ( ground found or dug ) popping up recently and the polarising effect they seem to have, ( those that love them or loath them ) could we have a sub-forum like the SS one dedicated ONLY to these??

Several reasons why I ask this ....
    1) For some of us, it is all we can afford / find / start off with / or like.
    2) For some it has more a tangible link to the war than pristine helmets ( flawed logic or not )
    3) I have recently bumped up a few good threads lost in the now swelling archive that is the WRF.
    4) for those that dislike relics, threads about them won't "clutter up" the normal forum.

So what say ye??? ....... can it happen, should it happen??
    I for one think it has both merit and validity........ what do other relic helmet lovers think?
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A new sub-forum???? relic helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A new sub-forum???? relic helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: A new sub-forum???? relic helmets

Yes, I believe that it would be a very interesting forum. I have a couple of helmet's, that I would like to post.

All the best
    Stig Erik

I'm not a relic man, but I love your relics lids. They are very intriguing. I dont think collecting relics make one a lesser collector. We all know what we love, and for some what we can afford. I tip my helmet to the is relic lid collectors.

As for the sub forum, I agree, a dedicated "relic" sub forum would be a great addition, and would cut down on the clutter of relic lids in the helmet section, as they can be their own study.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I'm not a relic man, but I love your relics lids. They are very intriguing.
    Thanks, but the photo was one I lifted from the net as a "representative image" and not my personal helmets ( although you may recall my "wall-o-helmets" that contained it's fair share )

As for the sub forum, I agree, a dedicated "relic" sub forum would be a great addition, and would cut down on the clutter of relic lids in the helmet section, as they can be their own study.
    OK, a couple of votes in early ..... lets do it ( please ) it would benefit all.

Not a bad idea Dan, I think everyone should have at least one battlefield dug helmet.

?

I have 6 relics....a subforum would be a better place to show them off!

Oh,OK, well, whoever owns all those helmets, it's a nice collection of relic helmets, lol. And I do remember your wall-o-helmets. It was a nice wall.

To add to my earlier comment, I think those looking for opinions on "collectible" helmets can sometimes find their helmet threads to be lost amongst the relic helmet threads, and sometmes time is of the essence when opinions are needed when an item is for sale. I suppose the helmet forum could be broken down even further into Heer, Luftwaffe, KM helmets, etc, but I don't see an immediate need for all that. But the relic helmet sub forum would alleviate some of that clutter.

I agree - it would be good to have a separate section for relic lids.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I think it's a good idea, like the SS forum keep it all in the one place and easier to find relic topics quickly.

Jason

To add to my earlier comment, I think those looking for opinions on "collectible" helmets can sometimes find their helmet threads to be lost amongst the relic helmet threads, and sometmes time is of the essence when opinions are needed when an item is for sale.
    I agree wholeheartedly! - with so many members, one hour at peak time can yield dozens of started threads ( or posts ) pushing the previous ones down the list...... and so they CAN become lost or important timing missed.

The over-arching precept HAS to be one of shared importance ( IMHO ) for both the relic and the collectable ... in that there are relic helmets surfacing ( pun intended ) that MUST have seen action and just as many that hadn't (dumped in pits & landfill ) ..... equally of the collectable variety, they MUST run the whole gamut as well - from unused depot clerk lids to those of front-line fighters .... we really should NOT be dogmatic regardless of what camp we are in ( and, who of us cannot help but drool every time a cammo or suchlike is posted ....... mmmmm.
    Cheers, Dan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast