MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint

Article about: Took a chance on this one The paint drew my attention -hopefully an authentic Civic M1918 (double vented)- Police? The white paint is a good look, but not sure if it is just a recent splatte

Default opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint

Took a chance on this one The paint drew my attention -hopefully an authentic Civic M1918 (double vented)- Police?
    The white paint is a good look, but not sure if it is just a recent splatter or some sort of old color- opinions appreciated-
    Trying add in different lids at a reasonable cost. Sorry-no decals or maker- that's why it was affordable. Add in or throw away?
    Regards
    Billy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint   opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint  

opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint   opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint  

opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint

opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paintopinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paintLooks like a relic M34 to me not sure about the paint that is left behind. Here are two of mine.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Default Re: opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint

Why on earth would you want to throw it away!!!!, its a nice helmet, granted its not complete but never the less, its original and has its own history
    And if your going to just throw it , throw it my way

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paintopinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paintLooks like a relic M34 to me not sure about the paint that is left behind. Here are two of mine.

Eric
    My birthday is comming up soon,I think I will take the one on the left.I am missing that one
    chris

I hope you didn't really mean "throw" it away, as in the garbage pail, circular file, deep sixed, etc. It's still a helmet, as has been said, with a history. If you bought it and decide it is not to your liking or satisfaction, place it up on the classifieds and sell it to get funds to buy something else. There are enough helmet collectors on this forum alone to find it a good home for a very long time.

Still green and wary on any helmet.-Of course meant only if it was fake- Thrilled with anything original period!! Thanks

Nice pic's Eric- Whats the decal on the other side?
    Is it a big Taboo trying to restore the decals on this one for display ? Staying on the display shelf-National shield and Fire I presume- My first 34- My wife's says keep as is - but the decals were probably scrapped off not worn away.

Here are pics of the other side. I would keep yours as is in my opinion.
    Eric

opinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paintopinions on a possible Civic M1918 (double vented) with strange paint
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric,
    Agree with you- will keep it as found- yours is a great looking piece.

?

Quote by waugust View Post
    Still green and wary on any helmet.-Of course meant only if it was fake- Thrilled with anything original period!! Thanks

Nice pic's Eric- Whats the decal on the other side?
    Is it a big Taboo trying to restore the decals on this one for display ? Staying on the display shelf-National shield and Fire I presume- My first 34- My wife's says keep as is - but the decals were probably scrapped off not worn away.
    Keep it just like it is.. I like the way it looks! The white paint looks period done. It just looks like somebody may have done some cleaning/sanding trying to find decals...

Best regards,
    Mike