Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Is this original m42 relic shell?

Article about: Some months ago, i purchased this m42. For the truth is, its not my early intention to bought a german helmet because my primary target is the elusive dutch east indies cloned stahlhelm aka

Question Is this original m42 relic shell?

Some months ago, i purchased this m42. For the truth is, its not my early intention to bought a german helmet because my primary target is the elusive dutch east indies cloned stahlhelm aka braat stahlhelm. But i made a mistake and bought this relic shell as the result. At that time the seller said, he got the shell from his friend from bavaria.
    Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?Is this original m42 relic shell?
    So my question is, is this original m42 relic? And i couldnt take out the paint although i already used acetone. Anyone know why?
    Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this original m42 relic shell?
    P
    Many

The shell it's an original M42 relic conditions, the paint not.
    About how to remove the paint... i don't know the best method, let see what the others say.

could this be from one of the UBOATs stationed there ?.

?

Hey feldgrau! Indeed an original M42 relic, I am not sure either regarding removing the paint but would imagine it would be fairly difficult to remove all the paint on a relic of this condition, Cheers! Sean.

Thank you gentlemen. I guess i have to let it be for now, knowing this shell is original relic is enough to make me happy.

To harryamb2: Unfortunately no, the seller said he got it from his friend in bavaria. For the truth is, i also searching for the german stahlhelm from uboat personnel too or from the war booty from north africa theater prior the japanese invasion in here. But it's extremely difficult to search it in here. In the past 3 years, it's really rare to see german style stahlhelm sell in here. The testament of the rareness of this helmet.

As the others have said it is a original shell repainted, the shell looks solid enough to use some paint remover and scrap it off.

I see. Thank you.