Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The price of Relic helmets

Article about: Is it just me, or have the price or relic condition helmets gone up quite considerably in the last year? When I started collecting only a year ago I did pay £35 for a relic lid. I do still h

Default The price of Relic helmets

Is it just me, or have the price or relic condition helmets gone up quite considerably in the last year? When I started collecting only a year ago I did pay £35 for a relic lid. I do still have a look on ebay at helmets occasionally and have noticed that many starting prices are up there around the £60 mark and some people are even asking £90-100 as a starting price. Now, in my opinion you would have to be slightly deranged to bid on a relic with a start price of £60, let alone £90. So what are you relic collectors paying these days?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The price of Relic helmets
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The price of Relic helmets

i keep seeing the same relic German lids on eBay from the same seller going around time after time never selling so although they maybe trying to sell them at high prices they're not always selling at those prices !!!

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I guess if I checked ebay a bit more often I would see the same. Im still interested to see how much people are willing to pay though. You collect US stuff mainly don't you Nick? Whats the going rate for a genuine relic M1? Ive seen them go for £70 odd...

Very true. Some of the prices are highway robbery for what they are. Ebay its gems but as Nick said its generally the same ones going round in circles.

I wouldnt want to pay more than $50 for a relic, though I do make exceptions for the odd one if I think it warrants it, just depends on the condition. Being in Australia, the postage cost is the killer, so it factors in to the price as well for me

?

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    You collect US stuff mainly don't you Nick? Whats the going rate for a genuine relic M1? Ive seen them go for £70 odd...
    i do indeed mate i depends on condition i would say between £20-£50 at least thats what im willing to pay unless its got something rare about.

But what is a relic? I have a relic M35 DD shell, an M35 SD relic with partial liner and an M40 camo relic with wire remnants and full liner with partial chinstrap and a relic M35 DD snow camo with full liner and complete chinstrap. I've paid between $110 and $300 for these.

With decent M35 DD's going for $2000 these days its just the name of the game i'm afraid. You don't want it, don't buy it but the market forces are at play and pissing and moaning about the good old days won't bring them back.

If the prices keep rising like they are you won't be complaining when it comes time to move your lids on now will you?

Prices are going up. Even here in Estonia relics often cost even more than on eBay. For example I just placed a bid to a relic M40, cleaned with oxalic acid but still not in too good condition + ground dug liner. I offered 40 euro and was after some hours outbid. I can offer maybe 20 euro more but I'm afraid price will get over 100 soon. The problem is that it is every year harder to find any good relics from the forests. Most of these helmets are already in very bad condition.

?

the prices are as its always been & that's how much you are willing or are comfortable to pay for something that is essentially a piece of rusted metal now don't get me wrong i like relic lids my self & have had a few but they are what they are.

I paid £40 for this

The price of Relic helmets The price of Relic helmets

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    But what is a relic? I have a relic M35 double decal shell, an M35 SD relic with partial liner and an M40 camo relic with wire remnants and full liner with partial chinstrap and a relic M35 double decal snow camo with full liner and complete chinstrap. I've paid between $110 and $300 for these.

With decent M35 double decal's going for $2000 these days its just the name of the game i'm afraid. You don't want it, don't buy it but the market forces are at play and pissing and moaning about the good old days won't bring them back.

If the prices keep rising like they are you won't be complaining when it comes time to move your lids on now will you?
    Looks like we have some tetchy relic collectors out there...Whose complaining? Not me, I was just asking a question and expressing an opinion.A relic, to me, is something that came out of the ground. If you want to pay $300 for a relic lid, you go right ahead. I am fully aware of the price of complete non relic lids because that is where my interest lies. I find it a little confusing why someone would spend $300 on a relic no matter how many decals or liner remnants it has. Don't get me wrong, I like a good relic, they are a very visual, inexpensive and quick fix for someone who wants to get their hands on a WW2 German lid. A good one will complement any collection. As for the good old days, I would hardly call 2010 (when I started collecting) the 'good old days' the 1960's and 1970 were the good old days as far as I have heard. You can't pick up a mint double decal SS M40 for £70 these days now can you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast