Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A question about Stahlhelm paint

Article about: I have M35 with the Apple Green factory paint (or what's left of it), and I was wondering if all were repainted feldgrau after 1940? I mean that are all the Stahlhelms that dont have the fel

Default A question about Stahlhelm paint

I have M35 with the Apple Green factory paint (or what's left of it), and I was wondering if all were repainted feldgrau after 1940? I mean that are all the Stahlhelms that dont have the feldgrau repaint, withdrawn from use (or lost), before 1940?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A question about Stahlhelm paint
    P
    Many

Nope. There are some very mint M35 Heer double decal helmets out there in collections. None are in my collection because the prices are getting sky high. Now were those mint M35s pulled from service and stores away somewhere without being repainted to 1940 specs - I have no idea. Some just managed to survive the war in their 1935 appearance. May Weser some photos of yours?

Alright. Right now I can only give one picture of it, accompanied with my m16

It's in semi-relic condition, but in hand I can clearly see large areas with the apple green and in the picture some can be seen too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A question about Stahlhelm paint  

I found more. The liner has been removed since then.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A question about Stahlhelm paint   A question about Stahlhelm paint  

A question about Stahlhelm paint   A question about Stahlhelm paint  

Anyone with 100% sure info about the question?

I think your helmet was repainted too, from the photos it looks like it has darker paint over the apple green!..

Oh, I can't differentiate so little changes of shade in my helmet, maybe I should study these more overall