Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Real NSKK helmet, or fake?

Article about: Hi! I'm new at this site and I'd like to ask for your help. A seller offered me an NSKK leather helmet and the pictures he sent are shady and I'm not perfectly convinced that it's an origina

Default Real NSKK helmet, or fake?

Hi!

I'm new at this site and I'd like to ask for your help.
    A seller offered me an NSKK leather helmet and the pictures he sent are shady and I'm not perfectly convinced that it's an original one.
    Thank you
    Real NSKK helmet, or fake?Real NSKK helmet, or fake?Real NSKK helmet, or fake?Real NSKK helmet, or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real NSKK helmet, or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Victorrules,

Welcome to the forum. You are right to be cautious. I won't opine with limited visible photography. Any seller that does not provide you excellent pictures of something needs to get friendly with a camera. It is either laziness on their part or they are hiding something. Pictures up close are crucial when you cannot have an item in hand. You want up close pictures of the NSKK Adler, up close pictures of guts of the helmet shell, ear flaps, stitching and then have him / her flip the helmet over and shoot the inside of flaps, leather liner, RZM NSKK Tage, any stamped markings and inside construction. If the seller cannot give you that then be weary or examine it in hands. Also is Jofogas like Craigslist or Ebay?

One you have pictures repost them. Also check out the Forum's Threads here with lots of NSKK Helmets if you like while they are getting you new pictures: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/searc...archid=9997104
    NSKK Crash Helmet help needed

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thank you for your answer. Yes, Jófogás is a hungarian Craigslist.
    Unfortunately the seller has multiple offers for the helmet. He seems like a simple man and gives it to another buyer if I'm not responding quickly. I'll try to ask more photos.

?

Quote by viktorrules View Post
    Thank you for your answer. Yes, Jófogás is a hungarian Craigslist.
    Unfortunately the seller has multiple offers for the helmet. He seems like a simple man and gives it to another buyer if I'm not responding quickly. I'll try to ask more photos.
    Good luck. I would get it in hand if he cannot provide pictures.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Good advice has been given here , it does not have the right look though , it needs to be black.

Just looking at the pictures through a spyglass reveals that the leather is in quite remarkable condition... not a single sign of cracks or splits anywhere. Stitching looks a bit 'iffy' too, no distortion to the peak either. So maybe a few decent close-up pictures would make it look as though it is as good as new... which it probably is... 'new' that is.

Thank you all for your comments. I had a bad feeling about this helmet, but overall I'll probably buy it without seeing it and getting it in hand, because the seller lives far away from me and the price is quite good. I got one more picture, I don't know if it good enough. The seller says that it's the only stamp on the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real NSKK helmet, or fake?  

I can only echo the guys opinions here, the pictures are terrible and I think meant to decieve. That stamp makes no sense.. what's it supposed to represent QC? If you asked for better pictures and that's all the seller provided, it seems like a last juicy worm on a well baited hook. UNLESS this had a ironclad money back guarantee I d pass. The guys know their stuff on these and I heard no ringing endorsement of authenticity. JMO. Welcome to the forum! Best regards.

Brian