Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

relic camo lid

Article about: Here's an helmet which saw some action on the südfront. It has traces of camo paint and the internal rim.

?

Default relic camo lid

Here's an helmet which saw some action on the südfront.
    It has traces of camo paint and the internal rim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture relic camo lid   relic camo lid  

relic camo lid  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement relic camo lid
    P
    Many

Default Re: relic camo lid

Phew matt, there's salty and there's sea salty

No one can say that's a fake Lots of character, trouble is if you try to clean that one it will fall apart!

nice one

In a couple of years, looking at a similar one, collectors would be amazed about how well preserved it is.

my kind of stuff!

?

Thank you guys, I am cleaning up my collection and have some more to share

Quote by Nifartachi View Post
    In a couple of years, looking at a similar one, collectors would be amazed about how well preserved it is.
    In a couple of years some clown will chip in with their two bobs worth and think it is a fake

I love this type of relic helmet, you can almost feel the history when handling them, great helmet

Cheers,

Grant

?

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    In a couple of years some clown will chip in with their two bobs worth and think it is a fake:Grant
    Grant, only if it turns up with a fake SS decal in equally rough condition.

?

the fake relics is the new frontier of fakes. I would never pay alot of money for a relic helmet, but if you consider that a relic (read rusty and fragile) para helmet can be sold easily at 500 euro...I've seen already many fakes this year, and some are damn well done and could cheat also someone who digs them too.

?

Quote by Matt R. View Post
    the fake relics is the new frontier of fakes. I would never pay alot of money for a relic helmet, but if you consider that a relic (read rusty and fragile) para helmet can be sold easily at 500 euro...I've seen already many fakes this year, and some are damn well done and could cheat also someone who digs them too.
    Matt, finally someone who collects relics that recognizes that they are being heavily faked. I get blasted on another forum for calling out the odd relic with some obviously bad SS decals by the diggers and relic hunters over there, but I have to call a spade a spade.
    I have been sent 5 relics to view in the past year, and 4 of them were of the same modus operandi, fake EF sharp point decals with fine grain sandpaper marks clearly visible under magnification and fake aged.
    Only 1 was an authentic ET decal of the 5 and it was a barn find, not a relic that someone had sadly messed with and cleaned and then installed a replacement liner that didnt fit properly.

Anyway, refreshing to see that a relic collector is watching out for this new frontier of fakery as well!

?

Hi Doug,
    it helps being a "sunday morning" digger too. I don't find much german stuff over here, but I have dug and handled hundreds of dug stuff from ww1 or ww2 as well, and I can compare the real corrosion and ageing with fake ones.
    Sometimes it's really tricky anyway.
    I also buy relics of course,but I prefer to buy from people I know personally or anyway stuff dug in southern europe or germany, where I can also verify their stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast