Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic Double Decal NS66

Article about: Hello, I have had this helmet for a while now. It was an item I bought early in my collecting. During my Teens. Was doing some organizing and pulled this out again after it had been hiding i

Default Relic Double Decal NS66

Hello, I have had this helmet for a while now. It was an item I bought early in my collecting. During my Teens. Was doing some organizing and pulled this out again after it had been hiding in storage. Just curious more then anything to get some further opinions. Its in pretty rough shape. The hole on the crown appears to have been battle damage but hard to say. The rest of the shell is solid still, no rusting all the way through. There's resemblance of a green paint thats flaking and rusted. The paint isn't down in the bubbling and pitting of the rust. Its also stamped NS66. I cant read the batch number. Also its rusting and pitting around the air vent is a bit difficult for me to narrow down. Either M35 or M40. correct me if Im wrong. Further more it appears to have had double decals at one time. The corner lower crown on the one shows some slight color yet.

Very possible its just an old rusted out relic shell that someone shot at with a gun to give it a battle damage image and slapped on some old decals to rust off and make it appear better. Not saying I know thats what happened, I just know how far fakers are going to sell an item, and being a younger collector when I bought it I of course was not well educated on that aspect of things.

Any comments appreciated as to what this actually is or could have been...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic Double Decal NS66   Relic Double Decal NS66  

Relic Double Decal NS66   Relic Double Decal NS66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic Double Decal NS66
    P
    Many

Looks unmessed with to me. Nice relic. The hole could be shrapnel or just rusted out, but either way it looks honest and not like somebody shot at it later. Decals don't show any sign of tampering.

Almost certainly an M35 Heer.

I would think the stress fracture leading fom the hole indicates a strike of something travelling very fast rather than it just being an area that took years to rust through.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with KradSpam. Nice relic you've got there

A cool relic !.....

Thanks for the comments everyone. Ya I was wondering if it would have been heer decals. Looks decent displaying it amongst other helmets.

?

The decals are good and the crack is most likely from ground frost. It happens a lot. The helmet seem to have been upside down which also happens often. Lid fills up with water and soil.... craaaaack

Cheers

Nice relic DD still pretty sound. timothy

Thanks Timothy