Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic lid, opinions Please

Article about: I'm with Las Vegas on this one - the rust bleeding (( the streaks across the paint ) look too new. I too hav a few relics and this one's deterioration would be correct if iwe were in the 195

?

Default Relic lid, opinions Please

This is Listed as M42 but has a Decal, am i right to be suspicous?

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic lid, opinions Please   Relic lid, opinions Please  

Relic lid, opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic lid, opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Relic lid, opinions Please

Hi, you can also have M42 with decal.

It has an interesting rust/deterioration, like it was kept in a humid/wet place or maybe underwater. The colour looks grey/green. My guess is that it could have good chances, but I'd like to see more pictures.
    Regards

Matt

A M42 having a decal, as long as it's the eagle and not the flag's color is not that unusual, I have one in my collection which is 100% authentic, my great grand father took it from a german prisonner. cheers

I've seen this one too......

Just a thought, but the swastika looks 'separated' from the eagle.
    It seems lopsided, twisted to the left, and not parallel with the
    top edge of the decal - like it has been torn.

Regards, Steve.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-13-2010 at 10:20 PM.

?

Is it just me or is the vent hole wrong on this "42", it looks like a grommet type and not the pressed style?

?

ermm i have my doubts on this, that paint doesnt look period to me ,heres what i think and i maybe totally wrong i think this was redone with paint and decal then buried in sand or as said above under sea water to age it, the sand is nicely left covering parts of decal ,why not brush it off ?? but like i say thats just my opinion, rgds Dave

Something is wrong with that decal, if you take a look at the picture I put together you'll realise the the position of the bottom of the decal is completely off compared to a genuine decal. From my limited knowledge on the subject I still know that the front of the eagles neck is directly in line with the centre of the swastika, but in the case of this relic it isnt. Maybe its a fake went wrong and the faker tried to cover his mistake by disfiguring the decal and perhaps selling the helmet as a relic?

Thanks

Danny

Picture didnt upload first time because of the file type, here it is

Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic lid, opinions Please  

As a relic collector iv never seen the rusting this way before.i too would need to study it more. If genuine then a nice relic indeed.THE IAR HOLE DOES LOOK LIKE AN M35 ONE ,BUT SE FACTORY ONE WAS SIMILAR TO THE M35 ,BUT OUTWARDLY EMBOSSED.

?

Not only is the swastika out of alignment but the upper tips of the wings arent parallel to the straight edge of the decal, i think this is a fake cheap decal that has reacted with the paint or the ageing process and melted causing the decal to misshapen, plus i still think the air vent is not the embossed type, look at where the vent has eroded, the metal is too thick in that part, if it was embossed the metal would be the same thickness as the helmet. Id like to see the inside and liner and also any markings etc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast