Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Relic M35 Liner problem. Help needed.

Article about: I've just acquired a relic M35 ( I think its a Thale, judging by the shape and placement of the air vents ) with liner band still attached, I didn't want to remove it as its rivets are corro

Default Relic M35 Liner problem. Help needed.

I've just acquired a relic M35 ( I think its a Thale, judging by the shape and placement of the air vents ) with liner band still attached, I didn't want to remove it as its rivets are corroded and worse for ware, so I had a close look down the small gap between the shell and liner and found a date of 1940 but with a makers mark of F.W. I'm not sure what to make of this as the only F.W I can come up with is Quist. Would a Quist liner be marked with just an 'F.W'? Would a Quist liner be found in a Thale shell? Have I been had? I am a new collector so would really appreciate some advice.
    Many Thanks - James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M35 Liner problem. Help needed.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic M35 Liner problem. Help needed.

Ive just had a closer look and its not just F.W. Its F.W.M. I have found an FWM reference to a liner manufacturer - Metallwarenfabrik, but apparently this is only found on steel liner bands from 1942? Im still confused.

Default Re: Relic M35 Liner problem. Help needed.

It being an m35 is very possible the liner was entirely changed out at least one time during its life. I would not be to concerned.