Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle

Article about: Hello I show you here my newest german example from the easternfront with the with the army belt buckle of my grandfather he had found in the garden 10 years after the end of the war I thoug

Default Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle

Hello
    I show you here my newest german example from the easternfront with the Heer belt buckle of my grandfather he had found in the garden 10 years after the end of the war
    I thought that fits in well
    The Buckle is unfortunately denazified but still recognizable from the inside
    The helmet is size 66 with a badly corroded eagle where you can not see the HK anymore
    I oiled the helmet before I read that oiling is useless (My mistake )

I think its a helmet with history
    Is it good?

Best regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle   Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle  

Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle   Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle  

Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle   Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M42 SD Heer helmet with Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

Hi Bavarian,

It’s certainly an original shell but what I am beginning to be concerned with is that you are spending so much money on relic shells with little collectibility value which means in years to come if you wish to sell them to upgrade they will not have much re-sale value. The odd relic shell, especially something a bit unusual is Ok, but for the money that you have spent so far you may have bought a nice original German helmet for your collection. You are a young man with many years ahead of you in this hobby and it’s good that you are putting these helmets together and learning about them and I’m sure you may be on a limited budget but personally I would hold off for a while and save for original pieces. Your nice Brodie helmet is a great example of a nice original piece.

I like the belt buckle and the story of your grandfather. A real piece of history which shows some of the sentiment at the time and with real providence.

Andrew

Good advice. Understand money is a big issue for many....but I have to agree saving a few dollars to get a complete helmet is the way to go.
    D.

Very nice Heer koppelschloss Bavarian. I agree with the guys on saving your money. When I've kept similar relic helmets in this condition I have used commercial anti rust treatment to halt the decay, if there is a reasonable amount of original outer surface (paint) visible. If the helmet has been completely rotten with no recognisable outer surface then I leave them behind or give to friends.

Unless you dig these up yourself then the value will always be low, memories are more valuable and will last longer than a helmet in such conditions.

Hello
    You are right on this
    I have bought many relicts and found many but I have sold them all for more money for that I have paid for
    I invested this money to diffrent good helmets that i have posted
    Since 2 weeks I am sell all my helmets that be not in good condition and bought helmets with better condition like my WW1 helmet collection and I am restraining my collection area on Steel helmets, Gasmasks and (british and german stuff of WW2) and all things from WW1
    On The sellers pictures this helmet seems to be in good condition but this was not the case
    I did not buy this helmet because I have no money but because I thought that this helmet would be perfect to complete with original parts
    I reinvest this earned money on helmets like my doughboy helmet for 120€, the 1915 made brodie for 100€ or my british Paratrooper helmet from 1943 for 220€
    Who says that good militaria have to be expensive
    Not is better than original complete millitaria but its not easy to find them
    I have many Complete ones but no german M16 to 42(not yet but who knows)
    maybe I will soon have a complete M42 assembled

Best regards
    Bavarian
    Last edited by Bavarian; 08-22-2019 at 06:15 AM.