Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rusty M40, Good or Bad?

Article about: Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have found this rusty M40 that one guy keeps in his garage (he works as a mechanic actually). So they were digging a well and found a f

?

Default Rusty M40, Good or Bad?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have found this rusty M40 that one guy keeps in his garage (he works as a mechanic actually). So they were digging a well and found a few ww2 items but since this helmet was at the bottom it survived a bit better Anyways I would want to "save" this helmet for laying around in that garage but I was wondering about its value.

Is it valuable AT ALL in this condition? Thank you in advance for your help!
    Rusty M40, Good or Bad?Rusty M40, Good or Bad?Rusty M40, Good or Bad?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rusty M40, Good or Bad?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rusty M40, Good or Bad?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm sure it has some value as is. If you can provide a location as to where it was found (some members may be able to tell you which units fought in the area), pictures of the maker mark/ lot number stampings (if they haven't been covered by corrosion), then I am sure it can only add the the value of this lid.

?

Hello and thanks for the reply!

So, It was found in a village in Moldova (Bessarabia). It was the first Soviet area to be under German Army and Romanian Army attack. Anyways, as this guy said, it had another helmet above it, so thats why it is "better" preserved. It is rusty but solid. They found it this summer. We have quite a bit of ww2 items in the area but there is not much demand, so most of this stuff is simply ignored and people dont really understand the value. Some even throw them away with the garbage... So I am thinking to start collecting and saving... Because of the rust I couldnt understand whatever it had written on it but I also did not have much time to do so.

?

Hello Victor and welcome to the forum,

If you can read any serial numbers on the inside (usually found at the rear of the helmet and on the left) I could tell you the factory and location where the helmet was produced. I have seen people buy helmets in much worse condition, so you should hang onto it...certainly don't throw it in the bin anyway!

Regards

Carl

?

Thank you! I know about the numbers inside, i just didnt really understand what it says. How much should it cost? I dont think this guy would ask for much but I want too feel comfortable in case I would have to resell it.

?

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 50 Euros for it. However, others would.

Rgds

Carl

I can't see them too well, but from the air vents I would say that this might actually be an M35. In this kind of relic condition it is worth like $35-45.

Yep your right ObKrieger, its an M35. The shell looks to be in really good condition and as the others have said its defiantly worth something, probably around the $50 mark. I wouldn't clean it either, would leave that to the new owner to decide upon if you sell it.

?

I have to agree, M35 relic condition £25-35, what interests me as well is the fact that these items appear to have no value for the local inhabitants therefore you stand a very good chance of obtaining quite a bit more at next to nothing in price

?

Thanks a lot! So this guy wants ~ 45$ for the helmet, but he has no idea how much it would cost. Anyways, hopefully I can lower the number.

This experience got me a bit excited. I am thinking of collecting ww2 items from the locals
    Thank you for your help!