Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Show your relic M35 double decals!

Article about: Here is a thread just for those relic M35 double decals hiding in collections out there - lets see 'em all! They can be still in original factory finish - or have had the tricolour removed a

Default Re: Show your relic M35 double decals!

Some cool old soldiers here I can't contribute I'm afraid but I like a good relic so I'll keep my eye on the thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your relic M35 double decals!
    P
    Many

I actually found a folder of shots I took of the interior when the helmet arrived.

Note the shrunken and blackened appearance of the liner. I figure the bunker must have been in a marshy area hence the remarkable preservation. You may also notice the early square bales on the outer liner.
    Chinstrap buckle. Early aluminium which would survive the years better than the later steel type.
    Serial number which I think says '673'.

Those are some nice lids Glenn! I wish I had more!

4md
    ?

Here you go Dan, my old double decal snow camo found on ebay about 6 years ago. Its a solid lid and hasn't deteriorated at all,looks as good as the day I got it. It has the name LLing on the skirt. Found in a flea market near Leningrad im told

great thread and some awesome relic double decal's so far

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your relic M35 double decals!   Show your relic M35 double decals!  

Show your relic M35 double decals!   Show your relic M35 double decals!  

I have another two (Lufty and Heer) that i'll get up over the coming days.

Thats a real looker, Glenn. You rarely see a 'complete' relic like that. thanks for posting the additional pictures.

On a side note, when do you guys class a relic as, a relic? Does it have to be dug up or found/re-claimed? Some of Dans lids in the first post look in too good condition to be in that classification?? I always have a picture in my head of a rusty old bucket when I think of a relic (which I, myself have a few of).

Chris

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Some cool old soldiers here I can't contribute I'm afraid but I like a good relic so I'll keep my eye on the thread.
    Ha, thats 'cause you sold all your relics to me Andy
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by radidas View Post
    On a side note, when do you guys class a relic as, a relic? Does it have to be dug up or found/re-claimed? Some of Dans lids in the first post look in too good condition to be in that classification?? I always have a picture in my head of a rusty old bucket when I think of a relic (which I, myself have a few of).

Chris
    That's a very good question Chris as there are lots of definitions of a 'relic' - in fact the forum is called 'WAR RELICS' so that encompasses all things from the pile of rust to the 'woodwork' / attic find to the long held & cherished collectable. Ask the question and you'll get many definitions.
    But for the purposes of this particular thread on double decals, I guess the qualifier is that some evidence of said decals must still be there ( knocks out the real rust buckets ) but not be a complete lid with full liner etc... or it would fit better into the main helmet forum.

Cheers, Dan

PS - none of mine in the group photo have liners - some are shells, some have liner bands but all have paint and decal remains - "and thats the way I like it ...aha, aha"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

My interpretation is that a relic has been dug up somewhere and therefore is damaged and/or corroded. Of my 7 lids I only have 2 that are in good condition (i.e. not relics), the other 5 have all been recovered from the ground.

Must be about time I wheeled out the relic lid collection photo again

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    My interpretation is that a relic has been dug up somewhere and therefore is damaged and/or corroded. Of my 7 lids I only have 2 that are in good condition (i.e. not relics), the other 5 have all been recovered from the ground.

Must be about time I wheeled out the relic lid collection photo again

Nice!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast