Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Show your relic M35 double decals!

Article about: Here is a thread just for those relic M35 double decals hiding in collections out there - lets see 'em all! They can be still in original factory finish - or have had the tricolour removed a

Default Re: Show your relic M35 double decals!

Keep the pics coming

Not trying to hijack this thread, but one thing I've been wondering about these helmets...
    Why would disciplined(?) soldiers like the Germans ignore the order to remove the party/national decal? were they fanatical nazi's/nationalists maybe?
    I guess there's more than one answer...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your relic M35 double decals!
    P
    Many

Personal preference I would guess...for front line troops wanting to avoid helping snipers in their deadly work it would make sense. For rear area/support troops maybe they thought it looked 'cooler' or 'tougher' or impressed the ladies more, who knows?
    Last edited by Glenn66; 07-27-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Here is the second of my relic double decal M35s. This is actually the first German lid I ever bought and was an ebay purchase for about $120 (from memory) from the digger in Narva, Estonia. It is a field repaint in dark green that actually only revealed the decals during an oxalic acid treatment I used as the level of corrosion was quite substantial. The liner is original of course although has lost a chinstrap bale but has managed to retain remnants of the leather. Of note is the owners name, which to my eyes appears to be "Gefr (Gefreiter) G", the rest is lost to time. No size or makers marks are visible due to the level of corrosion.

Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!

The name is a nice touch to that helmet

Here's my contribution.

Rgds, Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your relic M35 double decals!   Show your relic M35 double decals!  

?

Two brothers from the Pskov area

#2 The 2nd decal is there

Both Liners and chinstrap to one of them also intact

Cheers

great helmets.well done.wish to find one some day

Thanks to all for contributing their M35's .
    Now for some closer images of mine - the first is a SE62 with a good original finish to it - yes, some did not obey the removal order ( or the helmets were lost early on ( say late in '41 or so ) . This came from the Ukraine, near Kharkov.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your relic M35 double decals!   Show your relic M35 double decals!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The second shrapnel riddled example is a tiny ET60 with a strange slate grey base finish overpainted in field grey. Under the macro the grey has a 'fleck' to it ( which is weird ) but it is NOT a KM ....... any ideas people?

Dan

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

My EF66 lufty, allegedly a bunker find from somewhere near Stalingrad (but we've all heard that one before)

Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!Show your relic M35 double decals!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast